• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stargate (Milkyway)

This model was originally made as a campaign screen for Modeling Contest #20 but the shit didn't work. Instead I removed the rest of the gate room and turned the Stargate into a unit/building model.

Ramps (that fit the gate and wc3 pathing textures) are to come. I'm also considering to try and make an Iris attachment (For the Chest attachment point).

Give credits if you use it and don't edit.

UPDATE: Added Death and Decay animations.
UPDATE: Updated Death animation shockwave.
UPDATE: I found out the space between the chevron lamps was a lil wrong. Fixed

Keywords:
stargate, star, gate, chappa'ai, event, horizon, water, chevron, constellations, earth, indeed, phail
Contents

Stargate (Milkyway) (Model)

Reviews
Frankster: Works in-game and performs well. Good work on the texture. Approved. Good job!

M

Moderation: 21:16, 6th June 2011
Frankster:
Works in-game and performs well.
Good work on the texture.
Approved. Good job!

Level 11
Using it straight away for my StarGate Universe xD, exsept i don't really have space in my map soo..
100/100 though...

Edit: Here is my map, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/stargate-universe-196123/, Check it out mabye you could create some more models for me :D

Edit: I'm looking forward for your other stargates, i can't really use my other 2 stargates becuase they have no annimations.... I can't use yours yet either, until you have finnished the platform it sits in :)

Edit: Sorry for the edits, and if possible could you add an anmiation where it locks in each shevron? Because i have everything to do with the stargate on my map, Sound of punching in the shevrons on the DHD and Opening/closing and static sounds. I've been using a wc3 portal inside the stargate, kinda lame D:. But yours changes everything xD...
+Rep +Rep +Rep

Last edited:
Level 11
Your just in time for my map :D, but i can't use it because it needs a base, because it needss to be larger :\... You should think about joining the StarGate Universe project :D.
It's an RTS game (builder type) but with 21 stargates, so far there are 2 planets with a stargate of 9 symboles to be dialed (which are ancient planets)

Level 23
Now that I actually got a good look at the gate, I am quite surprised (pleasantly) at just the amount of detail you have in the texture! Everything fits perfectly onto the gate, and the amount of detail on the trim, and around the chevrons is extremely clear! :D

Level 11
Hey uhh, Quick question.... I'm using your stargate in my trailor btw, going to put it on youtube and add it on my map development thread, anyway back to what i was saying..
Will you by any chance going to edit the stargate opening? Because you missed one thing, once the stargate opens it also does a *Drill* type object behind the stargate.
That would be great, +credit +rep!
Thanks....
Sorry for all these posts :(

Level 28
varsaigen said:
Now that I actually got a good look at the gate, I am quite surprised (pleasantly) at just the amount of detail you have in the texture! Everything fits perfectly onto the gate, and the amount of detail on the trim, and around the chevrons is extremely clear! :D

Well it was originally made for a campaign screen so detail was important.

Aztec_devil2000 said:
Will you by any chance going to edit the stargate opening? Because you missed one thing, once the stargate opens it also does a *Drill* type object behind the stargate.

I'm not all sure about that. I only saw that "drill" in the original Stargate movie and then it stays during all the time the wormhole is open. There has been one other occasion when they got an incoming wormhole from P3W-451 that is about to be consumed by a black hole. The increased gravity from the black hole causes the event horizon to form a spiral behind the gate.
Other than that I'd say that drill thing is a special effect they removed when making the series.

Level 11
=O, though it does make sence when the force of the wormhole energy pushing out and coming back to the stargate would cause something like a drill on the other side.... But your the artist not me :(. But do you consider helping me create the stargate map? The map is located in my signiture.

TDA

TDA

Level 4
I don't think its called an "Unstabile Vortex" or a "kawoosh" It is Called the "Event horizon"

The invisibile barrier that separates the center of the black hole (otherwise known as the singularity) and the place around the singularity, where light can't escape, from the area around the black hole where light is just strong enough to escape.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a nerd :eekani: I just watch a lot of Discovery when I'm borred. :ogre_rage:

I like the model from the pictures... Maby I'l check it out later

P.S. I realy like your Avatar Thrikodius (Wako!!!)

Level 28
Ok let's take this from the top...
#1: It's a wormhole, not a black hole. You don't voluntarily create a black hole and walk into it.
#2: When the wormhole opens an unstable vortex forms and evaporates everything it touches. This vortex has come to be known as a kawoosh (slang). After the kawoosh settles the wormhole is established and safe to enter.

Level 11
Oh i love stargate so much.. :D, its sad that not much people know it. ITS DE BEST SCIFI SERIES IN THE WORLD ! in my openiun :(....

i'm dissapointed that SGU was canned, i must start a petition of a million people to get it back again =D. It was getting so much better...

Such as the very end when they had to use the sleep pods for 3 years and the fat nerd guy (forgot his name) had to stay back and figure out how to survive for 3 years or 1 week for life support, i forgot :p

Level 7
eaugh, after a series like SGU, why would you want another?
'twas the bastard child of SGA+BSG with only the bad qualities from both

I was kinda hoping for a Star Gate that follows the crew of one of the human battle ships, kinda like a star gate/star trec but instead of the ship looking like crap it looks like an awesome star gate ship. They would still do their adventures to other planets and shit but instead of using the gates they would be using kick-arse ships :p

Level 26
I was kinda hoping for a Star Gate that follows the crew of one of the human battle ships, kinda like a star gate/star trec but instead of the ship looking like crap it looks like an awesome star gate ship. They would still do their adventures to other planets and shit but instead of using the gates they would be using kick-arse ships :p

but if they got rid of the gate, they'd have to call the show 'starship' or something