• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Stargate Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
My Idea is pretty much making an stargate melee sorta or conquest like use planet models and make 40 planets each one has in inside and each one has 2 mines and a stargate and maybe hostiles

The races you choose from would be like Toll'an,Ga'ould,Asgard,Humans,Tok'ra,Aschen,and also the Replicators

each race has like a townhall,depoy,technology lab to upgrade to abilies for your guys,factories,starports,and towers/bunkers

each race also should have like its own ability like ga'ould shield have shields and replicators can replicate

Level 5
Just Imagine

also instead of just going through a stargate like a waygate there should be a HDH were you can dial four numbers pretty much and each has a differant world place.

also it be cool if there was like a spac zone were spaceships can travel without the stargate

Level 12
An interesting idea

But there are problems no considered in this request

Many models will be needed most done from scratch

I could probably do the abilities (sp;ells) but the eye candy would be impossible for me

Don't PM anyone this request but the idea should be kept alive

Level 3
An interesting idea, and i can think of a number of ideas i can give you, as i've though of similar things. The different planets with ships could work using ground pathing blockers and the abyss tile, air units can fly over them. Just creating little islands.

It would also be cool if you could upgrade your stargates, like by adding an iris, warnings when someone dials you, ect. Of course, its mostly the humans who do that...

Would also be cool if you had to do something to learn a gate's adress, like get it from an ally or fly to the planet.

btw, its DHD(Dial home Device), not HDH. Might have been a typo.

PM if you want my help on map making aspects. Can't make models, skins, ect.

Level 3
Theordically good...

well its theordically cool but i dunno i love to watch stargate and stuff but i don't think it would be that good to make this into a campaign or melee. I mean there are good melees out there but most of them like dota are great just because they are simple, that would take alot of models and francly just are not enough technology right now where were at to have a map so sufficticated i mean i hate waiting like 30 mins for a map to come up and i have cable and some what new computer so that really pisses me off. Im just saying if u want to do it good and i would love to play it but i don't think you or probably any one else on here could do it wit out more then 1 person and a shitload of time but cool idea though :)

Level 5
YES

ok you can research differant technologies and get differant units but differant technologies require more tech labs which add 1 to tech

Technoloy List
Ion Technology
Light Beam Technology
Plasma Tchnology
Teleportation Technology
Light Speed Technology
Star Shield Technology
Nouno Technology
Replicatation Technology
Ancient Technology
Abyss Technology
Star Creation Technology

and each technology allows you to upgrade new abilities for all your units and may allow you to get more spacecraft

Level 5
Alright

I cannot host or email just a suggestion I guess more then an request

Simpliar maybe

9 planets Abydos,Earth,Chulak,Toll'ana,Halla,Da Prime,Alpha,Kathlas,Neran

3 races Ga'ould,Asgard,Humans

Ga'ould
Naq Pyrmind
Slave Hut Jaffa Barrack
Plasma Turret Staff Smith

Asgard
Guarded Hut Mech Facility
Ion Turret Trenium Depot

Humans
SGC Tent Barracks
Machine Gun Steel Storage

Ga'ould Units
Pyrmind Mothership
Death Glider
Staff Jaffa
Zap Jaffa
Ga'ould Minion

Asgard Units
O'neil
Belisker
Robotic Drone
Asgard Mecha
Ion Cyborg Unit

Human Units
Promeathus
Interceptor
SGT Trooper
Elite Soldier
Medic

all three have laborers for mining

copper mine,steel mine,iron mine,trenium mine
all same thing

each planet has a stargate and all lead into stargate zone

Level 5
Nela kash

If someone makes this map that be interesting aye?

Ive tried maney times but I am not exactly the best map maker

Level 3
ummm wrong

sry little fella i know you haven't been on this forum long but there are not a alot of people who make futuristic maps, its just really hard and big model files. I don't know how long youve been playing warcraft but this is pretty hard thing to do. I dunno i just think that logically its not gonna be able to be that great and even if it was it would take a good team and long ass time. So im wouldn't bet on it happening

Level 1
taroshu and i both run a clan and we have been exploring the potential of a stargate map for a while now. if anyone is intrested in the idea and would like to help wisp me on spartan-101 or taroshu at alpha-squadron or come to channel clan sgrp.

Level 1
I also had an idea of my own....Its like an eq or fforpg type thing where you can pick a main char from the show O'niel,Carter, Tealc, thor ect.... and create like certian missions which will be the single objective of that map and when you beat the map the character advances and we could make a -save/-load code which will alow them to preform better in the game as the missions created advance and become more challenging.

Level 5
wow

an rpg game for stargate?

that be cool but there would be like three o'neils and two teal'cs or something

Level 1
not if we regulate what the chars can do... if tealc is mainly a melee warrior then he has limited spells but hogher atk and hp,thor could be compared to a mage with alot of technological atks like cluster rockets...we could balance all the chars to be unique and totaly equal.

Level 3
alright guys just a headsup on what ive been working on. i have begun creating a stargate level that implements a warcraft twist. i wont go into details yet but the map should be completed around thanksgiving. I have already completed models for the Stargate, DHD, and MALP. these models will be posted on this site sometime in the future when i have completed the animations and have better skins on some of the models. all i need is a couple more people to help with this massive task. there are 3 jobs that need to be fulfilled. UVW mapping, Skinning, and Animating. If you have any of these skills and are interested plz send me a PM.

Level 11
I like this idea.

once I tried to make a stargate-like map. It had 4 areas each with a portal (a Shimmering Portal, that purple doodad) and you had to open the portal by selecting 3 of 6 colored runes (the combination of which determined the destination) and then pressing the "open" switch.

Anyway, your idea sounds cool. And don't worry, custom models aren't as difficult as some of the other posts here would have you believe. Yes, importing a bunch of models is tedious, but (at least I think) not very difficult. So don't worry about what those other guys posted. This CAN be done!

By the way, check out my avatar! It should seem familliar to Stargate fans.

chevron four encoded... chevron five encoded... chevron six encoded...

Level 3
I had an idea for a stargate rpg. You could play as either a human, tok-ra, or a jaffa rebel. Characters were generic, just based on the series. Each class was geared torward different things, and used different weapons. The first mission took place at an offworld human base under heavy attack by Anubis's forces. The objective was to destroy the attacking jaffa, which included a warrior drone and a few death gliders.

I've been itching to make an rpg lately, actually. I've spent 4 months working on an AoS. I need a change of pace.

Level 11
I recognize it! It's the Stargate, duh!

Ideas for a Starate Map:
-When a Goa'uld or Tokra dies, it will release a Symbiot, which will be able to cast Possession.
-Replicators will not have buildings, instead they will have a Queen Replicator unit. It will morph between an immobile form that trains units and a mobile form. To creat a Queen Replicator, you must merge two other Replicatos together.
-when a Replicator dies, it will either reincarnate, or split into smaller Replicators.
-Tok'ra buildings will be invisible.
-Large spacecraft like Goa'Uld pyramid ships, Asgard ships, or the Promithius, will have a Hyperdrive ability allowing them to move anywere on the map.
-when the Stargate opens, it will deal massive damage to all units in front of it.
-Goa'uld units armed with Zat guns will cast Purge on units they attack.

Level 1
ChevronSeven said:
I recognize it! It's the Stargate, duh!

Ideas for a Starate Map:
-When a Goa'uld or Tokra dies, it will release a Symbiot, which will be able to cast Possession.
-Replicators will not have buildings, instead they will have a Queen Replicator unit. It will morph between an immobile form that trains units and a mobile form. To creat a Queen Replicator, you must merge two other Replicatos together.
-when a Replicator dies, it will either reincarnate, or split into smaller Replicators.
-Tok'ra buildings will be invisible.
-Large spacecraft like Goa'Uld pyramid ships, Asgard ships, or the Promithius, will have a Hyperdrive ability allowing them to move anywere on the map.
-when the Stargate opens, it will deal massive damage to all units in front of it.
-Goa'uld units armed with Zat guns will cast Purge on units they attack.

good ideas except for one problem if you set up an impassible boundry line so that ppl cant cheat getting to other worlds then i dont think you could get a mothership or battleship to fly over it since its impassable....im probly wrong but i just thought id point that out.

Level 3
i never thought of adding the replicators. i think i may get to work on some models for them in the mean time im still looking for someone to do animations on all my models. also there could be an area of the map that is space that allows the motherships to travel from planet to planet. just a thought.

Level 11
"i dont think you could get a mothership or battleship to fly over it since its impassable"

That's the point. The Mothership can fly anywhere over one world, but it must use a bunch of mana to get to another world. That's what the Hyperdrive ability is for. (modifying Blink is a good way to make a Hyperive ability)

Anyway, I am working on a Stargate map with fully functioning Stargates. I will post it on this website under Systems when I am finnished. However, what I am making is rather primative and klunky. We'll need someone to do JASS scripting to make the Stargates really cool.

Level 5
Yeah

Just an idea for replicators give each replicator the ability to summon the same kind like a spider replicator summons another spider replicator and it can do this every minutes and the summoned replicator does not disappear and should be immune not actuelly immune like have 70% not effected by magic attack that you could use for plasma or ion weapons.

Level 3
Once i finish the stargate's new skin im gonna release the Stargate and DHD models. The stargate does not have the blue portal part it is in the "off" position. i also have not made any animations for it as of yet but at least you guys will have a basic model to work with.

Level 3
Alright guys really good news. i have finished the newest version of the crappy skin on my stargate so im gonna release it and the DHD. if anyone wants to make a new skin for it feel free to do so.

-Eavab

ok i posted the stargate but had to take it down because it had over 5000 polys so ill remake the stargate in a different way so it has alot less polys. this set back is a real bummer to me so im not sure how much this will delay my map. the DHD has an acceptable amount of polys so ill leave that up.

-Eavab

Level 3
hey guys

i just had an idea while i was working on the stargate. if any of you guys like to draw plz do some sketches of replicators or anything stargate related and do views of the overhead side and front and i can make the models a whole lot faster then by hand.

thanks
-Eavab

Status
Not open for further replies.