• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraftII About

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3

When will StarCraftII Be out?

The editor is extreamly powerful! Take a look!:

There is none but make more :) any questions about the StarCraftII Galaxy Editor YOU May post here and any other hocus pocus xD you want about StarCraftII

YOU get paid for making awsome starcraft maps I think xD But I know that you get paid and also b.net Is going to have a market.

Level 10
The release date is unknown. They had one, but they delayed it to "somewhere around 2010" or something, because the new b.net required more time.

I guess another display of the ghost video and repetition of the fact that you can get paid for maps won't hurt, although there are tons of threads about it allready.

Okay...

3: Will the SC2 Editor have a GUI system like War3?

Level 14
The release date is unknown. They had one, but they delayed it to "somewhere around 2010" or something, because the new b.net required more time.

I guess another display of the ghost video and repetition of the fact that you can get paid for maps won't hurt, although there are tons of threads about it allready.

Okay...

3: Will the SC2 Editor have a GUI system like War3?

Actually it has been confirmed I think that Sc2 and wow:cata will be released 2010 and diablo III will be released 2011

Level 6
There is no official release date, but Blizzard did say that they're aiming for it to be out sometime in the first half of 2010. Which means that Beta should be starting end of Fall or beginning of Winter.

As we work to make Battle.net the premier online gaming destination, we’ll also continue to polish and refine StarCraft II, and we look forward to delivering a real-time strategy gaming experience worthy of the series’ legacy in the first half of 2010.
- Blizzard

Blizzard has said that they will only release two games in 2010. They have also said that there is "no way" Diablo 3 is released before SC2. The other game that is confirmed to be out in 2010 is WoW Cataclysm. This means that SC2 is definitely the other one and that we shouldn't expect Diablo 3 until 2011.

Level 3
There is no official release date, but Blizzard did say that they're aiming for it to be out sometime in the first half of 2010. Which means that Beta should be starting end of Fall or beginning of Winter.

- Blizzard

Blizzard has said that they will only release two games in 2010. They have also said that there is "no way" Diablo 3 is released before SC2. The other game that is confirmed to be out in 2010 is WoW Cataclysm. This means that SC2 is definitely the other one and that we shouldn't expect Diablo 3 until 2011.

No it will not Diablo 3 Will be released 2011
I did know that it would be released round that time things can get complicated around xD

Level 9
I think Blizzard should make an in-game model editor. Something like Magos, built in to the Galaxy Editor, would just be pure win.

yeah.. no. An in-game model editor wouldn't be powerful enough to take advantages over the new capabilities that SC2 has now. 3ds max will prevail on all fronts. All models are now med-high poly with diffuse, normal, and even some ambient maps; an ingame map editor just wouldn't be powerful enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.