• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

My hocus pocus not working :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
[SOLVED] My hocus pocus not working :p

Hi :D, well, I'm doing a skill that is supossed to return a Chain Lightning every time Orc Hammersmith 0029 gets damage to the damage source, but, obviously, If i'm here it's because something's wrong. :ogre_rage:Well anyways these are the triggers

• Static Init
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Static for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(immolation))
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unimmolation))
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(immolation))
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on Static Return <gen>
        • Else - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off Static Return <gen>
And here is Static Return

• Static Return
    • Events
      • Unit - Orc Hammersmith 0029 <gen> Takes damage
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Static_Point = (Position of (Damage source))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of Orc Hammersmith 0029 <gen>) at Static_Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Static_Dummy = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Chain Lightning (Static) to Static_Dummy
      • Unit - Set level of Chain Lightning (Static) for Static_Dummy to (Level of Static for Orc Hammersmith 0029 <gen>)
      • Unit - Order Static_Dummy to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Damage source)
      • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to Static_Dummy
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Static_Point)

Last edited:
Level 25
First, check if the dummy is even created at proper place by giving it a model.

Also give the ability (the one you give the to dummy unit) to a very similar unit and try to cast that ability... or for authenticity just remove the locust from the dummy unit and give it model and the ability... and then place the dummy in game and select it. Then check if you can even cast the ability yourself.

If dummy unit has model and it should be able to cast the spell, then try to increase the duration of the dummy you create.

Level 4
Thank you very much for replying! but I solved it , it turns out that i believed that when I picked Orc Hammersmith 0029 , the triggers moved it into a region, but it turned out to be that the triggers removed Orc Hammersmith 0029 and created another one, i just ste them to move it and it worked out fine, Im an idiot, but i guess we've all been there ty anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.