• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft - No LAN Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
i want the game to be offline but the fact is that it is online. even the single player parts. command and conquer 4 works the same way.

I'm going to quote myself.

just follow the link you posted yourself. that say that people is always connected when playing starcraft 2.

http://kotaku.com/5344013/starcraft-ii-can-be-played-offline

Also confirmed by Rob Pardo(one of the lead designers of StarCraft II) during the Battle.net 2.0 presentation on BlizzCon.

If you got any new information specifically from Blizzard that clearly states single player won't be playable offline please tell me. So far I've heard none.

I'm guessing you're going to try to crawl around and say that there is no guest mode because the button isn't in the beta. Well, actually Blizzard just removed it from the beta. Check the video and you'll see that the feature is still there.
http://www.starcraft2.com/features/misc/battlenet.xml

Level 19
... how about NO? You jsut can't admit your wrong can you?

He is trying to piss you off.

But it is again... Confirmed.

Blizzard's Bob Colayco said:
"An initial activation check-in is required, which we also have been mentioning since BlizzCon and even before that. The campaign and other solo aspects of the game are still playable offline after your initial activation."

http://kotaku.com/5512576/does-starcraft-ii-require-an-internet-connection

However, an inital activation is required which is hardly an issue. But as always he will play stupid and continue to annoy all users.

Level 17
you dont need to continue harassing me. the game requires a constant internet connection, live with it or complain to blizzard. dont take it out on me because i dont work for blizzard.

Blizzard confirmed that you will be able to play offline for gods sake xD
It is almost fun watching you trying to convince us about something when we have a hell of alot of evidence and you dont, haha :D
I do not understand why you are against playing offline, is it like you dont want that freaking feature? :p

Level 17
common LTGH what is the advantage of being to play offline. :D

I never said that i would.
I am just saying that he is wrong, and we have proof. He does not have proof, and he does not want to show it.
And the main reason why i am getting pissed in this matter is that i have a RL friend that i have known since i was 6 that played starcraft 1... And he only have access to internet every second week. Becouse he moves back and forth between his parents every week. And i feel that it would be stupid to not let him play only becouse his parents broke up, that would just make the situation worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.