• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Patch 1.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Patch 1.1.1 is up and here to round off the minor problems introduced with the last patch. The most major of course was the dreaded insane Ultralisk splash damage to structures which left many players defeated and others rolling on the floor laughing.
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.1.1

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where Ultralisk cleave range was being unintentionally extended by larger targets.
  • Fixed an issue where the Phoenix's Graviton Beam was automatically canceled if you used it just after the Phoenix reached 50 energy.
  • Fixed an issue where queuing Return Cargo on a worker would cause it to ignore the built-in delay after it finished gathering.
  • Fixed an issue where players watching older replays or saved games would experience stuttering.
  • Fixed an issue where some Mac users were unable to join games properly.

Full patch notes in all languages...

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
StarCraft II Patch 1.1.1

A small patch for StarCraft II has been released. These are only fixes so no, your strategy has not been nerfed yet! I am glad Blizzard is so fast to improve things!

Read the release notes below:
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.1.1

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue where Ultralisk cleave range was being unintentionally extended by larger targets.
Fixed an issue where the Phoenix's Graviton Beam was automatically canceled if you used it just after the Phoenix reached 50 energy.
Fixed an issue where queuing Return Cargo on a worker would cause it to ignore the built-in delay after it finished gathering.
Fixed an issue where players watching older replays or saved games would experience stuttering.
Fixed an issue where some Mac users were unable to join games properly.

Level 11
No, counter balace changes are a bad idea because frequently, it takes time for people to adapt to balance changes in the first place, making them constantly means its harder to achieve overall good lasting balance. :|

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Are you really the only active moderator who takes interest in what happens with Starcraft II? I would have thought that one of the constantly active staff members would have posted the patch notes up pretty much as soon as the patch went live.

Anyway, atleast they fixed the nonsense ultralisk splash damage. Killing SCVs that walked near an attacked building might have been funny, but sure as hell was unballenced and made no sense for the art type used.

I still have problems with the battlenet 2.0 interface, including games not ending properly (frozen score screen wih logout as only fix), getting stuck unable to join games (sends message that I cancled join to party despite not doing so) and that it takes about 1-2 minutes after first starting the game (on a freshly started computer) before I can join anything.

Level 9
Turns out Ultralisks are actually nerfed compared to the old versions pre 1.1.

They now have an AOE of 2, period. Before, they had an AOE of 2 + target's radius (now removed because they were too idiotic to realise that when it hit buildings it would cause a HUGE splash).

End result: When every single zerg player is crying IMBALANCE IMBALANCE, Blizzard nerfs zerg for epic lulz. I approve.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Blizzard needs to rework their auto launch system for custom games. It is annoying that the only way you can leave a starting custom game is by logging out (or quitting) the game. Especially since many games are unclear singleplayer or low player traps so are getting disproportional popularity due to people being forced to play them.

Additionally it is annoying if people leave a custom game during the forced starting time as you might end up alone in the game or with unballenced teams with no way to stop the count down.

The solution is pretty simple. Everyone should be able to quit during launch sequence (espeically auto launch sequence). However when someone does quit during the sequence, it should abort the countdown allowing replacement players to refil the slot. Once the slot is refilled the countdown resets and starts again.

I do not see a reason why blizzard is using the current system over the one described above as there is no down side to it (atleast a brief evaluation shows).

Level 9
I do not see a reason why blizzard is using the current system over the one described above as there is no down side to it (atleast a brief evaluation shows).

The same reason they thought sorting maps by popularity could ever possibly be a good idea, or why you are allowed to search for a custom map when creating a game, but not when you are joining it.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Indeed, I've wondered about the absence of a countdown abortion system ever since I found out of the existence of this auto-start. In addition to that, I think auto-promoted hosts shouldn't be allowed to start the game without a confirmation check of other players. Some really dumb people will start a game with unfair teams.
But aborting countdowns upon the disconnection of a player from the lobby will fix this issue as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.