• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2 Terrain Screenshots (unoffical)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I'd like to see a rich cityscape terrain. I think i'll wait for the complete game to do mine, the big detailed in terrain city. Just throwing ideas or seeing if someone shares, I love the railway and how you connect it. This is just a test of placing stuff, not some effort.

Level 4
My mini-terrain work, with a small rendered cinematic, showcasing the ease of bringing ideas full-sail and how camera work can be maintained at high-level: CLICK ME

And the rendered cinematic:

Level 2
That lava terrain looks amazing + very very smooth rendering. Looks fantastic. I love the fluidity of the new terrain editor, mixing textures is incredibly easy and fun. However, I dislike the limit of 8 tiles per map; makes the terrain variation quite limiting.

Also, does anybody know how to rotate doodads without needing to double click the doodad and typing in the angle?

Here are some screens of terrain I made quickly. Feedback is welcome.

Sc2Terrain4.png

Sc2terrain3.png

Sc2Terrain2.png

Last edited:
Level 4
Also, does anybody know how to rotate doodads without needing to double click the doodad and typing in the angle?

First select the doodad, and then, while holding CTRL, try using LMB (Left Mouse Button) outside of selection ring. It'll quickly catch on (did so for me).

Out of what you've presented, I like the third screenshot the most. Though a bit overcrowded with Doodads, it still has a more zoom-look approach than other screenshots: the places that where made detailed seem distant, you can't really appreciate them in such way.

Don't forget to use Lightning Editor - it adds a whole new level to terrain forming and can set proper mood next to used ambience and music tracks.

Level 12
Some quick terrain I made to get a hang of what could be achieved.

screenshot006ye.jpg

You can get the mapfile at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4794753/Terrain.SC2Map
It includes a small cinematic in which you fly through the map while the tileset lightning change.

Btw, here is an early shot of the same map in which I learned that even if the water plane idea is great. atm each of them are too damn big! In the end it turned out more about adjusting my terrain to the waterplane rather than how I wanted it from start :/
terrain003.jpg

Level 4
I ran into that same problem with the water. Hopefully there will be a solution eventually.

I made this tonight:
SC2VolcanoInGame-1.jpg

Level 11
For some reason, i can't seem to get my hands on patch 9. I try running both "blizzard downloader" and "blizzard updater", but they both say there's nothing to download/update.

Can someone send me the patch file?
(supposedly found in the starcraft beta/updates folder)

Try joining a starcraft 2 game and it might autopatch?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
I still would like to know how to add fog .. Maybe it's there but my graphic settings won't allow it to show :'( anyway, here is my creation, I saw that the new editor has much better support for mountains/cliff like areas, so I made one(as part of my map) :)

attachment.php

Download
Simply move down at the beginning and kill the zerg thread, kill the Queen to win, the only way to loose, is if you die.. Your shield will regain it's power quickly out of combat, and your life when you attack(life steal)

Camera - Hold down the right mouse button for about a second to adjust the camera angel, zoom with mouse wheel, and to reset, click your mouse-middle-button.

That's pretty much it. Your life is in the top-left, and your current opponent in the top-right.

I'm going to figure out some abillities, apart from Charge now :) Have fun

Attachments

• Screenshot004.Jpg
    Screenshot004.Jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 1,550
  • SZD.rar
    411.7 KB · Views: 94
Level 2
Is there anyway of getting more tiles in a map? Having only 8 tiles is annoying when you want to make a desert oasis or something else that has a mixture of terrains.

Level 9
Is there anyway of getting more tiles in a map? Having only 8 tiles is annoying when you want to make a desert oasis or something else that has a mixture of terrains.

"Data -> Terrain Texture Sets" and then create a new item, or open up another tileset in another map and copy/export that, and import it into your map :) OR use an imported custom one :D

Level 11
I didn't really want to post these with out a sky, but meh, why not. :)

These screenshots may look slightly confusing at first because I turned on water reflection, but take a close look and I think you guy should be able to figure it out, but if you can't I linked the map as well. :D

Overview.jpg

Monolith.jpg

Statue.jpg

Waterfall.jpg

I initially intended the Giant Tree to be more of a focus, and more of a "World Tree". But I am happy with how it turned out.

GreatTree.SC2Map

Status
Not open for further replies.