• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

--Starcraft 2 - Protoss - Pylon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Somehow I got interested in creating a Protoss Pylon like in Starcraft 2.
I mostly aim to convert it in a decent quality to Warcraft 3, hopefully without any major quality loss. Maybe even with none at all...
However so far I am not very happy with the early WiPs, so, whatever...

Here is this WiP:

PylonSc2.jpg

Level 23
Thank you for the feedback you two.
I realised that the ring is too large aswell and this WILL be fixed, thank you for pointing that out :)
About the crystal itself. I currently use "Add alpha" and end up with this, so I assume I need to finalize the texture to get it to work better. Except this to happen - if I can get it done. Glow will hopefully added aswell. Just felt like finishing off the main mesh first.
Also I will try to enlarge those decorations on the right and left a bit and reshape them.

Any other comments?

In the image attached below, the area that I have outlined with red appears to have its wrap warped a bit. You could try working on that. The piece I have outlined in blue appears very bland. Maybe strengthen the highlights or add some sort of design in there to make it more complex. Maybe even both? :D

Attachments

• image.PNG
    image.PNG
    71.3 KB · Views: 3,650
Level 23
Oh yeah, the blue part is not yet textured at all ;) So this WILL be fixed.
Regarding the other thing, I will have to see wether I will be able to fix that, I hope so, but I am not entirely sure.
Also another thing I am not totally sure of is wether I shall stick to my own colour palette or try to aim for the sc2 protoss gold more.
Also, the front decoration is a bit thicker than the original, I will see, wether I will adapt that aswell or stick to my version.

Here is a direct comparison of what I have now:

attachment.php

Attachments

• ProtossPlyonComparison.png
    ProtossPlyonComparison.png
    191.2 KB · Views: 24,851
Level 14
Oh yeah, the blue part is not yet textured at all ;) So this WILL be fixed.
Regarding the other thing, I will have to see wether I will be able to fix that, I hope so, but I am not entirely sure.
Also another thing I am not totally sure of is wether I shall stick to my own colour palette or try to aim for the sc2 protoss gold more.
Also, the front decoration is a bit thicker than the original, I will see, wether I will adapt that aswell or stick to my version.

Here is a direct comparison of what I have now:

attachment.php

Ohhh God,thats beautiful M0rbid,A good model +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.