• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft Protoss Pylon

Status
Not open for further replies.
as everyone knows (at least), the protoss race in the old game Starcraft, the probes (teh builders of the protoss) can warp in Pylons. This Pylons produce their supply (food in warcraft) and have an invisible "blight" where protoss buildings should be place.

The question is, how can I make it like that?
I don't want use blight for it because, the other race, zerg, can build structures in blight.

Level 14
You prolly need some sorta trigger to do it.
  • Pylon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructing structure)) Equal to Protoss Building
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.01
      • If (((Triggering unit) is in Protossnear) Equal to True) then do (-------- Construction Don't stop --------) else do (Unit - Explode (Triggering unit))
What you need to do is make 2 unit groups one unit group contains the pylons the other is units withen range of the pylons,
you have to set them every 0.01 seconds.
  • Set Pylons = (Units in (Entire map) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Pylon))
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in MemoryCollect and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set PylonsLocations = (Position of (Picked unit))
      • Set Protossnear = (Units within 512.00 of PylonsLocations matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Protoss Building))

don't know how good you're in triggering, but I don't have we open, so I try to explain:

1. make a trigger, that checks if a building is constructed, if the building is near a pylon.
that can be easily done with a unit group, which picks all pylons around the point.
2. then if the pylon is there, do nothing big.
3. but if there is no pylon, then remove the building, give back the resources to the
player, and display a message like: You have to build near a pylon!

Status
Not open for further replies.