• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

starcraft problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello there.
i make one map whit StarCraft gameplay and i have 2 problems

1. how to make protoss plasma shiled
2.how to make Carrier's interceptors:confused:
look that map to know interceptors i want

for people that do not know what is StarCraft and want to help me :
1.download the map
2.play whit Protoss (Night Elf) race
3.build requires buildings for Carrier unit --> make some pylons -->gate way -->cybernetics core -->forge --> stargate and make Carrier unit.That unit i wont to create on my map.Help

Level 40
1. how to make protoss plasma shiled
You could use mana+mana shield, or you could just use triggers to reduce damage if some arbitrary value attached to them is >0 (you'll have UI issues that way, though)

2.how to make Carrier's interceptors
A lot of code

And no offence to the guy that made it, but those interceptors aren't really like the StarCraft ones.

Level 4
You could use mana+mana shield, or you could just use triggers to reduce damage if some arbitrary value attached to them is >0 (you'll have UI issues that way, though)
Mind Passive Shild and i dont know how to make him :cry:

A lot of code

And no offence to the guy that made it, but those interceptors aren't really like the StarCraft ones.
do u make that code for me please :grin:

and whit who triger to do that: one unit hit another but unit 2 dosent take damage???

Case: One Footman(rifleman,Knight....) hit archer, but archer dosent take damage, in the next moment footman(rifleman,Knight....) hit other unit and that unit take the damage.

hmmm, you can make a dummy unit ontop of every protoss unit that has the same life as the regular unit that takes the same amount of damage the regular unit takes but heals the regular unit everytime it gets hurt. then when it dies off the regular unit will start getting hurt. i dont know about the regeneration tho... i guess make the dummy unit have regeneration and the same amount of mana as life so it wont heal when it has like 1 hp

Level 19
for carrier
Locust swarm is good idea I think
AoE is max distance probes can go make it large
and change the model of locusts and give them projectile, range etc
About mana shield make active mana 0 and add a trigger like if unit doesnt have mana shield buff active mana shield etc etc and set mana per damage to 1
Not a very good idea but worth to try

Level 21
No, every few attacks they return to a carrier and find a new target, if they're on Attack Ground that is.

That's the same reason why they hardly ever die; they constantly go and get repaired.

what I meant was that all 8 interceptors fight the target simultanously rather than having 1 interceptor attack target 1 while interceptor 2 fights target 2. I think locust swarm just randomly attacks nearby units.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Passive shield was made by vexorian ages ago and is one of his spell.
Well I found it and since he deleted it everywhere I have attached it to my post. It is a passive mana shield spell that seems to work quite well.

Attachments

• UnitPassiveManaShield.w3x
    53.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Level 19
omg you double post :D:D:D (kidding anyway)
I just wanted so say thanks for sharing your knowladge that contains the link of this spell :D:D:D
ops you attached it well anyway :D
I know you didnt create it

Status
Not open for further replies.