• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hmm I think I will try a demo/trial version of it when it comes out and then see if I am going to buy it but I hope this is better then KOTR II.

Level 34
I just don't think Star Wars is cut out to be an MMO. How the hell does a soldier take on a Jedi? When have you ever seen that happen in the Star wars universe? The cinematics are pretty awesome, but the game leaves me skeptical. Bioware should scrap it and make an awesome CGI movie.

Level 31
Ya that old star wars MMO had just people use light sabers all the time.

Not true, the first star wars MMO had little to no lightsabers untill the noob patch which made Jedi's easy to get.

I just don't think Star Wars is cut out to be an MMO. How the hell does a soldier take on a Jedi? When have you ever seen that happen in the Star wars universe? The cinematics are pretty awesome, but the game leaves me skeptical. Bioware should scrap it and make an awesome CGI movie.

Apparently one trooper just took on the Dark Lord of the Sith.

(If you watched the "Hope" cinematic).

Level 31
Dude, why Star Wars?

The Mass Effect universe is screaming MMO. Rich background and lore? Multiple races? Variety of classes? Huge universe with many cities? Owning your own space ship as a log in/equipment/log out hub?!

Dude...

This was planned to replace SWG because of its old ass engine, and many people enjoy the Old Republic more than the episodes.

Level 34
Dude, why Star Wars?

The Mass Effect universe is screaming MMO. Rich background and lore? Multiple races? Variety of classes? Huge universe with many cities? Owning your own space ship as a log in/equipment/log out hub?!

Dude...
Why ruin a perfectly good franchise? Sci-Fi MMOs never work out.

Level 5
they've said several times that as a non-force user, you're one of the very best of your class. and as a jedi or sith, you're more of less the average grunt. it's like asking if boba fett could take on a mediocre jedi knight and win, which he has.

Level 17
Ehhhh, I desperately want to believe this will be good. But the videos work to the opposite effect of dispelling the notion that it's just another cookie-cutter MMO.
I'd play TOR if they went Free to Play, otherwise I'll continue holding out for Guild Wars 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.