• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Star Wars 3rd person multiplayer map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I need the map to be designed and have models uploaded. I haven't done much yet.

Have any thoughts besides third person?

SOunds like an AoS map to me...
With an interesting addition of Space ship....
Clone vs Droids...

Or do you want it to be an Open RPG?
Or........ Something Completely different?

Level 12
More like Halo except 3rd person. But I was thinking of make it lock to the character so you can go from tycoon view to 3rd person view. So either way it will be like halo 8 vs 8.

Tycoon? Never heard of it... Do you mean Birds Eye?

Shooters are a bit difficult with the Warcraft engine.... but.... jimmy rigging one is possible...

Do you wanna learn to make this map or hire a team...
You might be better off not getting involved since people usually know what they like if they don't have that... artistic connection....

Level 12
The view that warcraft 3 has without modifications to the view

Aight....
So you strategize and then go to your hero...
I dig it...
Have you ever played Primal?
kinda Like that....

I'm not so sure about the FPS aspect of it though......

Level 12
^_________^
Go 2 teh Object editor
Go to teh abwilities Tabulator
Go to Neutra Passive and Items (Or wuz it hostile.... <.<)

Highlight 1 and press the O key
press it until you get to Orc battle standard
Ctrl C and Ctrl V

Then edit 2 wuteva you import
picture.php

Level 3
Formula1 is attempting to aid you, visor. You don't seem to know anything about map making. It seems you want credit for the idea of a map.

Question: What do you know about mapping at all, visor? And have you ever opened editor?

I don't care if you lie, you'd only be lying to yourself. But instead of wasting Foruma1's time, maybe read some tutorials and learn how to map, to a minimal degree, if possible.

Also, how was he rude/mean? He just gave you information regarding something you need done. I'd say thank you and a thumbs up.

Learn some manners of your own, visor. Good luck with your "map."
I'm sorry, Formula1, I've seen some other posts of visor and he seems to be mostly talk.
We shall see, though, won't we?

GL/HF
-Evix Jhredmo

Level 12
Formula1 is attempting to aid you, visor. You don't seem to know anything about map making. It seems you want credit for the idea of a map.

Question: What do you know about mapping at all, visor? And have you ever opened editor?

I don't care if you lie, you'd only be lying to yourself. But instead of wasting Foruma1's time, maybe read some tutorials and learn how to map, to a minimal degree, if possible.

Also, how was he rude/mean? He just gave you information regarding something you need done. I'd say thank you and a thumbs up.

Learn some manners of your own, visor. Good luck with your "map."
I'm sorry, Formula1, I've seen some other posts of visor and he seems to be mostly talk.
We shall see, though, won't we?

GL/HF
-Evix Jhredmo

Apparently I was rude by letting him know how to do stuff :D
yeah... its no problem... It seemed he had no mapping experience....
I wasn't sure if he wanted to get people to make this or not so I was going to give him the heads up...

Its kinda a shame too.... I bet if he made the map like he envisioned it, it could have been epic....
But I guess he might not understand people aren't going make the map for him....
Unless he pays.... Or actually comes up with a bunch of epic things to include....

I'm just going to sit with him and try and help him through it....
He might be able to make some epic shet.... I feel like noobs usually do....
THats the whole reason why he came to this website the way I see it... cuz he thought of something epic or he wants to get his name out there....

Depending on what it is... I want him to figure out what he's good at....
I hope there might be something good that comes out of him.... so I'll try and get him to figure out what it is...

Level 12
I'm so sorry. I am new to all this but I'm learning as fast as I can. I thought you were making fun of me. Thanks for all your help.

No problem...
I'm interested now...
What do you find so appealing about starwars vs every other possible movie/Genre...

Level 4
What has to be done.

Well i don't really know.

Also, I don't know how to do cinamatics and this has a cinamatic so we need someone to ither teach me or do it for me. And I don't have a modeling tool that lets me create models. So if you know a free thing tell me or we need a modeler. I also have taken the time to write what happens in the cinamatic and a list of what we need to do.
Also a ra is a Rebublic Assult ship.

Welcome to the list of things that need to be done for "Star Wars:Battle
Player".

1.Finish Textures on ground.
2.Make unit models; Critter:Star wars, Clone trooper(lll),Battle droid.
3.Make Buildings(not walk through).
4.Make buildings (walk through).
5.Make weapon models Use as item Capure The Flag.
6.Make roof.
7.Make cinematic.
-Cinematic 1:

Camera view Front stays for 15 secs then camera Shaks the rotats right for 5 secs\*3 Ra blow up
Camera follows from right sholder of ship\Arc falls out of Ra and falls to ground and blows up.
Camera rotates up then goes behind clone where camer rotates to clones

8.Make End cinamatic\Credits.
9.Make triggers.
10.Release as beta.
11.Fix map map based on glitches and segestuns.
12.Release game.
13.Respond to fourms and fix map.
in case we lose this info I have it saved on my computer.

Level 12
Well i don't really know.

Also, I don't know how to do cinamatics and this has a cinamatic so we need someone to ither teach me or do it for me. And I don't have a modeling tool that lets me create models. So if you know a free thing tell me or we need a modeler. I also have taken the time to write what happens in the cinamatic and a list of what we need to do.
Also a ra is a Rebublic Assult ship.

Welcome to the list of things that need to be done for "Star Wars:Battle
Player".

1.Finish Textures on ground.
2.Make unit models; Critter:Star wars, Clone trooper(lll),Battle droid.
3.Make Buildings(not walk through).
4.Make buildings (walk through).
5.Make weapon models Use as item Capure The Flag.
6.Make roof.
7.Make cinematic.
-Cinematic 1:

Camera view Front stays for 15 secs then camera Shaks the rotats right for 5 secs\*3 Ra blow up
Camera follows from right sholder of ship\Arc falls out of Ra and falls to ground and blows up.
Camera rotates up then goes behind clone where camer rotates to clones

8.Make End cinamatic\Credits.
9.Make triggers.
10.Release as beta.
11.Fix map map based on glitches and segestuns.
12.Release game.
13.Respond to fourms and fix map.
in case we lose this info I have it saved on my computer.

You organized this very well

I've never worked with Cinematics And I'm not sure I want to just yet...
Models... There should be some.... ok.... tools in the tools section...
Gmax is also a good tool to use... (discreet)... apparently....

I've been told you can't make a map yourself... but I don't believe it...
The few things I'm good for is balancing ideas and general gameplay Ideas...
That and I have a thing for themes....
-I'm interested in why starwars so I can figure out how I wuld balance the units If I was to make the game...

Otherwise...
I'm not your man...
We have a requuest area you might want to check out as well...

So if you give me a heads up on the general units and themes I can come up with some unique systems to make sure the games will be interesting/educational and fun... to my best ability....

Level 4
Space\Air Multiplayer Fighting map

You play as a space ship or air plane and fight peaple over battle.net with up to 8 peaple. but this map is nearly impossable to make so unless you have the AI Sysetom I talked about in the hulk map and a out standing movabity trigger this will never be.

Level 12
You play as a space ship or air plane and fight peaple over battle.net with up to 8 peaple. but this map is nearly impossable to make so unless you have the AI Sysetom I talked about in the hulk map and a out standing movabity trigger this will never be.

Check out the Side Scroller Shooter Map
I created a little Movement system for it (Based off Horizontals systems)

Movements can definitly be done....
What I'm wondering is how will the battles play out....
It sounds epic in theory but from my perspective how it will play out is people would have to aim just right and their enemies...
Which would be easier if not moving...
But if they're moving then it would be more about predicting where they are going to go since most of the gameplay is based on a game of "Chicken" and then covering their turning angles. And then if someone gets behind you there isn't much of a way out...

Is there a way to make the game a little more interesting?
Like maybe... Mines or something....
Lemme hear sum ideas....

I'm thinking...
-Rocket Boost-For a faster getaway (But you can't do anything else while using it)
-Mines-Stationary bombs that last 15 seconds and have "Kaboom" and home in slowly when someone gets close (Set aquisition range and Movement speeds to low quantities)
-Zapper-Semi Auto attack that is a basic part

Level 4
gmax

I can't seem to figure out how to use it. I tryed to download so tatorels but I can't get them to work. So I was trying to do the clone but...
1. can't get legs attached to body
2.Bones will not work because there are just triangles
3. can't find a good shape for the feet

Do you think you can help me?

Level 12
Also should I send you the map so you can say what you think?
it just has a few building in the background,starting pionts and a fire area .:confused:

I'll take a look at it....

I never got used to Gmax... I used to try and model but never got good at it...
I blame them cuz I think they purposefully didn't make it easy to use......

If you figure out what you need specifically (Bones it sounds like)
You can ask a modeler specifically those questions and you might be able to make something

^______^

I lost patience for it :/

Level 4
By the way I uploaded the beta today and its not there when
I clicked my map nothen I spent forever on the beta and it isn't on there there isn't even a privite messege is that normal? I stoped doing the one I talk about earlier and did this 4 person multiplayer one.Also i forgot how do you send peaple maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.