• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Star Haven

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Just a basic 3v3 melee map.

Updated 11/14/07: Added more doodads and terrain variety.
Contents

Star Haven (Map)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. Nice layout, but the texturing is bland and there has hardly any doodad work. Its like you used just 2 textures and put the trees down.Terrain is half the game in melee maps. 17:29, 13th May 2009, by Rui: Check comments #2, #3...

M

VGsatomi: Approved. Nice layout, but the texturing is bland and there has hardly any doodad work. Its like you used just 2 textures and put the trees down.Terrain is half the game in melee maps.

17:29, 13th May 2009, by Rui:
Check comments #2, #3 and #4 for full reviews. This map is way too bad at the moment.
Rejected with a 1,5 out of 5 rating.

Level 17
Star Haven is a 6 player melee map made by EternalEpix.

While the terrain wasn't extremely bad, it wasn't extremely good, either. It definitely needed more tile variation.

The positioning of the green creep camps could create quite a conflict, as there were 2 positioned in-between 3 allied players.

Rating: 1.8

My recommendations:
Use more tile variation throughout the terrain.
Use less red creed camps, and more. Alternatively, re-position some of the green ones.

Not recommended for approval.

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review on "Star Haven" (melee map by EternalEpix)

First of all, the terrain lacked elevation and ground textures variation, and it was overall narrow. Then, there were holes on the trees.
The only thing we can praise is that the map is a little symmetrical. But the room for building on expansion Gold Mines doesn't seem to be equal.

The worst: creep choice and drops. Who on his right mind places a lone Satyr Hellcaller?
I don't know what's worse: having bad drops or no drops at all. The latest is the case on "Star Haven".

Neutral buildings are all the only thing that gets a positive grade, but that Fountain of Health in the middle needs more dangerous creeps guarding it.

This melee map needs fixing.
My rating is a 1,5 out of 5, 2 (Lacking) approximately. I vote for its [highlight]rejection[/code].

Level 18
bounty hunter2's Review on Star Haven

Star Haven is as six player melee map.

To start, the terrain is very lacking. Too many Blizzard cliffs, horrible tile usage, only three and varied badly. There are only trees, no height variation, very poorly done.

The drops are poor aswell, the satyrs didn't drop a thing. The creeps are mostly too strong, the sight is set to 500 instead to 200.

The balance is fine since it's symmetrical.

I can't say much more, the map is really lacking and should be Rejected with a 2/5 rating.