• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Standalone game for Warcraft 3 Mod - Evolution Tag!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey all, I'm working on a standalone game that's based on a Warcraft 3 Mod called Evolution Tag.

Was inspired to work on this standalone game when I saw someone remake Maplestory in unreal engine.
I guess another small reason I decided to switch over to ue4 was because my Wc3 mod was suffering from desync issues and I could never really find a way to fix it.

Btw if anyone is interested in testing feel free to join the discord (in youtube video description).

Cheers!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Hard to tell but none of the artwork is ripped from Warcraft III right? A lot of the units and buildings look very similar but they also seem to have worse or missing animations. It is fine to use Warcraft III assets as place holders during development, but ultimately you will need to use your own, or licenced assets in order for the game to be able to be released.

Level 8
Hard to tell but none of the artwork is ripped from Warcraft III right? A lot of the units and buildings look very similar but they also seem to have worse or missing animations. It is fine to use Warcraft III assets as place holders during development, but ultimately you will need to use your own, or licenced assets in order for the game to be able to be released.
Yep none of it is ripped from Warcraft 3. I got all my assets from an online marketplace for Unreal Engine which I had to pay for unfortunately. Totally wish I could take some models/animations from Wc3 though

Status
Not open for further replies.