• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Evolution Tag 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Anyone interested in helping me remake the game evolution tag from scratch?
School is starting so it would just be a casual thing.

I think the map concept is great. However, the old version is bugged and desyncs often. Also, there is a huge list of things that could be improved to make it better such as making the map smaller.

I'm looking for anyone! - Hero designers, terrainers, modellers, map designers, triggerers, etc. but I prefer people who have played the map before and know how the game works.

Edit: School is ending soon! We can go ham on the project during the summer

Last edited:
Level 3
Evolution tag had alway been popular, though slightly unbalanced. It was fun to play and well developed. Well Ill work on the terrain if you tell me how much import you want to limit to. I usually use a limit of 300-400 kb on imports, with the exception of rpg.

Level 8
I haven't really thought about it yet since I wont be able to work on the map until my finals are over. In the meantime, we should set up a skype convo so maybe we can come up with some ideas/units together.

So far all I got is this list from a year ago:

-Much smaller map size
-Have different maps with different features that the host can pick from
-Emphasize more on the expanding map concept. So players would start with very little space and slowly map gets bigger (so there's more action)
-More balanced. (Stronger mercenaries, more evenly distributed gold, etc.)
-More unique units
-Need to make sure the beginning and mid-game units all have lots of abilities to make them fun
-All units are now heroes and can level up from the beginning
-No more bunnies. Instead use creeps or something, or passive exp gain.
-More random events where theres a different set of random events for each map
-Better team fight arenas

Status
Not open for further replies.