• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stand Hit Animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok, just wanna ask if someone knows how to make a model play its Stand Hit animation WITHOUT using triggers...
If you will notice, some destructibles play their Stand Hit animations automatically when taking damage, like the gates, trees...
I actually found a way, and it's to replace the model of a destructible, like for example, replace the model of City Entrance(gate) into a Pack Horse. When the said destructible that has now changed it's model is attacked, it'll play it's Stand Hit animation... And that just means it only works for destructibles, with any model used, even unit models...
But like what I said, it's a destructible so you can't control it, and that sucks...
What I want is a unit that'll play the animation when hit, without using triggers.
I'm sure there's another way, by playing with the MPQs or somethin?

Level 11
Yup, when taking damage... About "avoiding the triggers", not really avoiding, I'm just curious... And there's another scenario on when to play the animation, like what I said, attacking a destructible like a gate, tree or whatever object is under the "destructibles" tab, will play it's Stand Hit animation, even the destructible is replace with a unit's model, as long as it got a Stand Hit animation... I just wanna know if it can be done on objects under "units" tab...

Level 14
I don't know if the stand hit animation can be used on units because most units lack this animation but here is a small triger. (I didn't made it in WE)
EVENTS
Unit-A unit is attacked
CONDITIONS
Unit type of attacking unit is equal to [your unit]
----You can also put nothing there if you want all the units to act like that----
ACTIONS
Play attacked unit's Stand Hit animation
--You can also use variables--.

Level 6
If you replace the gate with a horse model, the gate has a stand hit animation and the horse don't have any hit animation. So if you hit the horse nothings gonna happen, cause it don't have any stand hit animation. You edit the model horse and make a stand hit animation for it.

Level 26
And there's another scenario on when to play the animation, like what I said, attacking a destructible like a gate, tree or whatever object is under the "destructibles" tab, will play it's Stand Hit animation, even the destructible is replace with a unit's model, as long as it got a Stand Hit animation... I just wanna know if it can be done on objects under "units" tab...

Counted that in. No, units have nothing to do with this and it does not make sense either because the unit will mostly want to play the animation for its own order, e.g. it attacks back and thus would play attack animation. So even if you were to use triggers - @DESTROYER123 rather pick unit takes damage event - you would have to pay attention that the standard mechanics do not interfere and overwrite it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.