• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stackability Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Alright i'm not at my house atm so i need to ask you guys this (cannot test it here, no WE): If i took critical strike1 and gave it to a unit and then gave it critical strike2 would it then have a 100% chance to score a crit? Or something like 75%, if not 100 then what would it be?

Critical strike1 - 50% chance to do 2x damage.
Critical strike2 - 50% chance to do 2x damage.

Level 10
So your saying if i have 2 that it would still be 50%? That logic is false i beleive o_O. I now see that it is not 100% but it IS greater then 50%, any math dudes out (or someone better at math than me lol ><) there know what it is?

EDIT: In addition i would like to, as calmly as possible, ask how the hell flamestrike calculates its damage =(? And how i can get it to show missile art, i added a missile art, and missile speed but it doesn't show it.

Level 10
Hmmm, i think that is correct to. Any feed back on either of my flamestrike questions?

Level 10
Is there an ability that targets with the aoe visual over the mouse like flamestrike that can have a missile art?

Alright this was the point of the critical strike question, if every unit in the map has an inate 15% chance to do x2 attack damage on every attack, and then a unit in addition to that has an ability that has a 85% chance to do 2x damage (what would happen if it was 3x?) would it increase his chance to land a crit slightly, would one override the other, what would happen!

Last edited:
Level 24
As far as I know, each critical hit would fire independently of the other. So, the unit would get a 15% chance to do x2 damage, but then it would go and get a new, separate 85% chance to do x2 damage again. If they both activated, they should act independently of each other, and the hero would still only do x2 damage (because it's a multiplier of the initial damage, not the damage after being multiplied).

About flamestrike, it deals damage over time. The guys at Blizzard multiplied the damage per second by the maximum amount of seconds it is possible to spend in the DPS area.

Level 10
Thankyou for the info on flamestrike Ephy!

And yea thats what i was thinking about critical strike; thanks for clearing all this stuff up!

Status
Not open for further replies.