• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

'Stabbing Swords' (Buff)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Basically, It is the human campagin footmen's sword that I extracted. I gave it a ghostly appearance and made 5 of them. They appear spin and then stab there target.
Works as a buff. I would like some feedback. This is my first posted model.

*Update*
Changed name to 'Stabbing Swords' (named by cockroach)

*Update*
Added spawning sound
Tweaked animation

Recommendation:
Use as a buff attached to the chest of the unit.

Keywords:
Sword, Footman, Footmen, Random, Buff, Ghost, Ghostly, Green, Other, Dance, Jig, Stab
Contents

'Stabbing Swords' (Buff) (Model)

Reviews
23:04, 2nd Jul 2009 Pyritie: Cool effect, but it's not very visible ingame.

M

23:04, 2nd Jul 2009
Pyritie: Cool effect, but it's not very visible ingame.

Well, for the footmen it is attached to his chest. It is an attachment like all buffs. Also, have you ever seen a sticking sword moving continuously? (Rhetorical question don't answer it unless you don't know what it means..Also, don't define it then answer it.)

I also recommend animation freezing the targeted unit and using it as a stun buff.

Level 26
really nice.
But I have some suggestions:
-some sounds for appearing and disappearing of the swords
-some particles when the hit the target and maybe even a ribbon effect attached to each of them
I also think that they hit the target to slow which does not look so powerful

I tried to make it look cina looking. But, As I look at it It does need some sounds which I will add. I will add a ribbon effect. I have been having troubles with Particles. And I will make the swords impact faster and I just relized the swords need a deeper impact. And I got a good PM to vary the sword heights and angles alot more. I will have an update soon.

Level 2
It sounds funny for it to be called a "buff". I know that's what it is called in the game, but it's still funny. Also, cool model.

Level 16
swords, wich stabbing a unit sounds less
like a buff. make 3 versions:
1. Swords spinning around their target. Flying above
the target with Blades pointing toward the unit.
(Could be a Debuff of some threatining-spell)
2. Swords spinning again. Same hight as units attachment-
point and blades turned away from target
(Buff for sworddance or counter attack)
3. this "poking-buff" for a mass attack or something.

Just suggestions.

Level 7
I'd go with Rizzboomer's idea, it would be a cool fun and useful buff effect model if there was one, currently it is ok. 3.5/5 from me.

try one where the swords are pointing outwards like a shield. for a good lightning shield or immolation ability.

I see what you meant for spinning around. I am making more of a white ghost swords (for of them) like fables and making them spin like lightning shield buff.
after all is this a 'Sword dance'? or 'Stabbing Swords'?
cuz if it is meant to be a sword dance, i recomment more swords and ribbon effects attached to them, turning around the target and poking him with blood effects

Level 18
its a good model and a good idea but i see one thing wrong with it
Animation
>i think you should make more animations, like maybe an animation where all 5 swords spin around the target and all stab at the target piercing right through them.
>And the stand animation, maybe you should change that so the swords are spinning or somthing?
>And maybe a attack slam animation, where they all do the blademaster type slam effect
But overall good work i like it 4/5(because of animations)