• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SSB Brawl: best game?

Brawl:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I think because it just released, and due to the Wii sucking, mot many have tried it. We didn't all pre-order Brawl. I won't be getting a Wii until they cost $100.

Level 5
unfortunately I don't have Wii I rather bought a 360 for halo:wink: But I loved the Gamecube version. Just a question is it true that you can play it with a Gamecube controller? I hope my mate (who've got Wii) will buy it:grin:

Well lets see all the other ssb games suck a big one, so I DOUBT this will be any better probably the same range of crap.

In other words, ONE OF THE WORST GAMES EVER.
I hope you was joking:eekani:

Edit: you should add a "I haven't tried it yet"

Level 27
I think because it just released, and due to the Wii sucking, mot many have tried it. We didn't all pre-order Brawl. I won't be getting a Wii until they cost $100.

Euhm? Wii is the most sold console ...

Anyways i would only take an Xbox 360 Elite.. if i should take a console.. Good games.. As good as a ps3 and you can add memory by USB (Appareantly because my bro has an 1 Terrabyte harddrive connected to it lol). So..

Button bashing is not fun.

Yeah....

And to stay on-topic.... Wtf is brawl?

Level 3
Ok this thread was mainly meant as a fanboy joke to see who all was pumped about the game.

To Sansui, are you being serious when you say all the SSB games are crap? Have you even played them? I'm going to assume you're just countering my fanboyish poll with that statement, as you have no reasons supporting.

Also, how did this turn into a Wiibashing thread?

Level 34
Mecheon, were you kidding? The game is already out. Came out Sunday.

Sansui... go play a professional SSB gamer. Then come tell me it's button mashing. Sure you hit a lot of buttons, but things like wave dashing are not mashing. It's really hard to do properly, especially with characters like Bowser.

SSB (IMO) is the best fighting game you can buy. Very fun, well balanced, and the glitches in SSBM made it all the more fun. Brawl (according to my friend who has it) is really well balanced, and fun. Although wave dashing, and other related glitches are removed. : (

Level 3
Mecheon might be in Europe, or Australia. They get games later I think.

ANY fighting game can be called "button mashing" in the hands of the unskilled.

Level 3
Once again, no real reasons other than "OMG IT IZ TEH BUTTON MASH". I'm guessing you play games that require "lots of skill" and are for "incredibly mature audiences".

Mecheon, were you kidding? The game is already out. Came out Sunday.

Mecheon comes froms the land of the Aussies unless he moved to some other far away land in the past 2 weeks. Its still TBA 2008 in Australia as I recall.

no SSB is button mashing no matter what.
Its a fighting game for people who cant play real fighting games, no skill and childish.

Ironic that your on a wc3 board then, considering half of the warcraft games are "make and select units and mash down at the other teams"...and yes, warcraft 3 is a strategy game. However, it can be played that way. As can Brawl. However, im assuming you were playing computer opponents. Alot of people can fight computer opponents. Actual strategy to your attacks though will get you much farther though against a real player, just like how sending a ton of strong units till the enemy dies is a terrible plan in Warcraft 3.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
This poll is totally retarded, thus I inverted the options to spite the thread starter for being stupid by making a biased poll.

To Gasekura,
How do you like it when a poll is totally rigged for one side? Whats that, you do not? Then why did you make it rigged towards SSBB being the best game of all time when it is clear that others will have the total opposit of your opinion about it.

SSBB is not the best game of all time, and probably will barely make it to the top 100 best games. Ontop of its backwards graphics, the lack for obvious modern day communications is apparent. Also from looking at the youtubes of all chars moves, some seem to be noticably a lot better than others which ruins the point of the game. This game has snake in it, who is not even nentindo and whos lattest game is not even comming out for WII showing how cheaply made it was. The game is only comming out for WII while other systems like Xbox360, PS3 and PC(with XP/Vista) are even better for such a game as they not only support larger media size (by about double or more), but they support voice chat, better graphics and propper backing store (not some wimpy capacity that was small for the year 1998). Also I dought we will be seeing any patches for this game as, like said eariler, the WII does not have a large storage capacity. Also the addition of sonic lowers is score even further, as that character is totally out of place. Also this game took far longer than needed to be made and released, and like stated still is not released in europe.

As you can see, all polls should be neutral, as there will always be one person of each side of the neutral line.

I still would get the game if I had a WII, but currently their crappy controlers on top of everything else is no major selling point.

Thread demoted to something else.

Last edited:
Level 3
So DSG, you altered a user's post because it wasn't in the proper section?

This wasn't a serious thread, and if you followed the history of it, it was never posted in the Console Discussion Section. I admit that posted this in the wrong section, and that looking over it now it belongs in the Something Else subforum. Changing the words of a person to make them look bad is not part of what an admin does...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I did not change them to make you look bad, I just changed them to show you how annoying it is to some people who see one of these "fanboy" threads.

I did not alter your post, purly your poll.

And the fact remains, this thread is still the same, just the poll options are now from an opposit point of view which was as extreem as yours.

Also "the best game" is impossiable as no game is the best.

Level 18
Ironic that your on a wc3 board then, considering half of the warcraft games are "make and select units and mash down at the other teams"...and yes, warcraft 3 is a strategy game. However, it can be played that way. As can Brawl. However, im assuming you were playing computer opponents. Alot of people can fight computer opponents. Actual strategy to your attacks though will get you much farther though against a real player, just like how sending a ton of strong units till the enemy dies is a terrible plan in Warcraft 3.

Know your audience. I do not play wc3, I MOD WC3.

Level 3
It was clear I was not being serious with the "this poll is pointless" option. All you did was prove that you couldn't stand reading someone's opinions that were different from yours. Whether or not you changed it to slander me is moot, that effect is a result of your actions whether you wanted it that way or not.

Flaunting an "I know better than you" attitude and abusing your power as an admin is the perfect way to drive people away from a community.

Level 3
I don't mean to double post but I can't edit my post at current.

I wanted to add to DSG, what's the point of adding reasons to your post as to why ONE of the opinions available in my original poll is wrong if you're going to move this to offtopic to be "buried in fanboy flames"?

Level 15
Please stop the arguing everyone. The changes have been reverted for now. Please keep the discussion civil and fun. :smile:

Level 25
Okay, DSG pissed me off, so he's getting the full force

This game has snake in it, who is not even nentindo and whos lattest game is not even comming out for WII showing how cheaply made it was.

Do you TRY to come up with really, really, really stupid ideas? Cause seriously, that is a miserably pathetic thing ever

Snake's a joke character in it. You're probably not the intended audiance, you might not recognise the sheer sillyness of the game

The game is only comming out for WII while other systems like Xbox360, PS3 and PC(with XP/Vista) are even better for such a game as they not only support larger media size (by about double or more), but they support voice chat, better graphics and propper backing store (not some wimpy capacity that was small for the year 1998).

Graphics smaphics, video games are all horrible these days and we should go back to using 2D pixels so people can learn how to actually make good games before they're allowed to spam low end computer destroying 3D models everywhere

Oh, and the PS3, lololololol. I'm sure with its pathetic market share every video game developer in the world is looking forward to making stuff for it

And who cares about voice chat? Have you ever played games with voice chat? Seriously, its not a good thing, and doesn't really suit Brawl. You sound like you're just adding in random things

Also I dought we will be seeing any patches for this game as, like said eariler, the WII does not have a large storage capacity.

Patches are overused these days by video game companies who just do a half hearted effort, saying they'll patch everything up later. That isn't a good business discussion

Also the addition of sonic lowers is score even further, as that character is totally out of place.

... You know what? You are so far from this game's target audiance that I question why you even know why it exists. Its supposed to be a fanwanky tongue in cheak fighting game, and they added Sonic. Mario's rival from the glory days of the Mega Drive. Finally kids can have them fight in a grueling battle to the death

Its a crossover fanfiction from hell done right

Also this game took far longer than needed to be made and released, and like stated still is not released in europe.

Oh who cares about Europe? If you wanted games out there quickly you wouldn't have so many miscleanious languages to give translation all sorts of hell. Why isn't in out in Australia is the main question, seeing as our only language here is English

I still would get the game if I had a WII, but currently their crappy controlers on top of everything else is no major selling point.

Its called inovation. Beats the excessive lug that was an Xbox controller, or the boringly rehashed PS3 one

You do know what I say about leaving yourself open to arguments? Don't. Do. It.

Anywho, onto one other post

no SSB is button mashing no matter what.
Its a fighting game for people who cant play real fighting games, no skill and childish.

Beats having to remember an excessively long series of buttons that will require me to have to look up a freaking guide on the Internet just to figure out how that character ripped open my spine from 10 feet away when all I can do is a lame ducking kick

Level 3
Mecheon, if this was in anything but the something else forum, I would rep you so hard. You took the words out of my mouth. And more.

If anyone is gonna add some serious discussion they should probably do it in the console forum though, where a serious discussion is more likely to happen (and continue happening over extended periods of time).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Actually, the only person being biased is Gasekura.

Calling everyone brain dead who does not like it is not only slight flamming but is also extreemly biased.

I was purly showing him how making such a stupid thread will encourage a war.

All my comments were completly valid, as they were telling the truth about the game and you will find many people support them, even thou they were exadurated and some I do not personally object to.

The poll was stupid anyway, and so by editing it no harm was done at all, be lucky I did not simply select the poll and press the delete button which probably would have been better as people here can not even create a non biased poll.

This whole thing was actually Gasekura fault, who for some bizar reason hated how I inversed the poll just to teach him about biasty. This shows that some people are not open for critisim as normally, for most users, me editing the poll would have meant nothing, especially as this is a joke poll anyway.

Just face it Gasekura, I am not in the wrong and you actually should just have seen that editing a joke poll was not something to make a fuss over, I only moved this thread to something else because I saw you would make a fuss like you did after the very first comment to my post.

Also brad.dude03, I deserve nothing as I have done nothing wrong since how can editing a joke poll be a crime and my post did not flame anyone, just emulated the average posts that such a poll would attract. The only possiable thing I micht have done wrong was make the reason why I edited the poll sound too confrontational, but it was actually meant to be a joke.

Mecheon, your comment is also very open for the "rabid anti" type of person, but I am not one of them, I only wrote like it to show Gasekura what fanboy threads cause.

Thus can we please grow up as currently the kind of behaviour for something as minor as constructive critisim with examples is absurd. Now continue discussing the game and not how you do not like people who do not like the game.

Level 3
This is the last post I'm going to add to this thread and I hope shortly after it goes up flames. Before that happens I'm adding my 2 cents.

Actually, the only person being biased is Gasekura.
You're saying your alteration of my thread to "prove a point" was not biased in any way shape or form? Or does fighting bias with more bias make it not count?

Calling everyone brain dead who does not like it is not only slight flamming but is also extreemly biased.
First off, I'm gonna repeat myself here and say that the last option in my poll proved that I wasn't being serious. I never said everyone was braindead. I never said everyone was stupid. I'm referring to folks like Sansui that have bloodily slaughtered their inner child (and as a result often show no humanity through in their actions).

Also brad.dude03, I deserve nothing as I have done nothing wrong
I don't have a problem with the fact that you created a poll opposite of mine. Nor do I have a problem with you expressing opinions opposite of mine or against me. You have all the right in the world to shit talk me for my stupid poll. Hell I wouldn't have been bothered had the thread been locked with the message "This poll will only start a flame war. I'm ending it before it gets to that point." But I can't sit well with you using admin powers to pursue a personal issue.

You wanna make a new poll? Fine. You wanna post in here about how much of an idiot I am? By all means. I encouraged it with the poll. But the way you reacted shows complete disregard for using the moderating powers you have in respectful and professional manner.

Level 17
SSB was ok, i had fun with it. But its much to cartoonish and silly for me. I guess i'm not the target audience. Its fun with friends.. for an hour or two. Then its kind of a "Bottom of the pile CD Case" pulling it out occasionally.

To me its the Wii in general. Its games just dont appeal to me, (Although they are fun in a way). It'll never beat a chainsaw lancer rifle to the face, sticking a plasma grenade to some kids face, or ambushing retards on CoD4.

Level 25
Mecheon, your comment is also very open for the "rabid anti" type of person, but I am not one of them, I only wrote like it to show Gasekura what fanboy threads cause.

And against them I point out the fact your first post was the equivalent of going into a Warcraft 3 forum and complaining about the Hydralisk cameos in that one Night Elf mission

Anywho, I haven't had enough sleep and I'm leaving this before I get into a worse mood

Level 34
DSG... you got owned. Well played Mecheon.

DSG, don't try and play it off on Gasekura. He may or may not have created a biased poll, but you handled it very poorly. Don't make him your scape goat for your actions.

Level 18
Do you TRY to come up with really, really, really stupid ideas? Cause seriously, that is a miserably pathetic thing ever

Snake's a joke character in it. You're probably not the intended audiance, you might not recognise the sheer sillyness of the game

That is stupid, its not funny he is a character and not an original nintendo character your point is moot.

Graphics smaphics, video games are all horrible these days and we should go back to using 2D pixels so people can learn how to actually make good games before they're allowed to spam low end computer destroying 3D models everywhere

Yes people should go backwards instead of enhancing the future of gaming.
do not blame poor production quality. Most mainstream highend games feature nicely rendered and modeled characters/enviroments.

Oh, and the PS3, lololololol. I'm sure with its pathetic market share every video game developer in the world is looking forward to making stuff for it
Ps3 is the highest rated console.
wii sold the most yes but it is lowly rated quality wise.
xbox 360 sold more consoles due to it being released much earlier than ps3.
wait a few years blue ray already won the battle good game.

And who cares about voice chat? Have you ever played games with voice chat? Seriously, its not a good thing, and doesn't really suit Brawl. You sound like you're just adding in random things
Voice chat although i only use it when im drunk, is a vital piece of modern gaming i'm told. saying it is not needed is retarded and ignorant.

Patches are overused these days by video game companies who just do a half hearted effort, saying they'll patch everything up later. That isn't a good business discussion

Patches are a very decent way to update a game that was fucked by a deadline. good game next.

... You know what? You are so far from this game's target audiance that I question why you even know why it exists. Its supposed to be a fanwanky tongue in cheak fighting game, and they added Sonic. Mario's rival from the glory days of the Mega Drive. Finally kids can have them fight in a grueling battle to the death

Its a crossover fanfiction from hell done right

Oh who cares about Europe? If you wanted games out there quickly you wouldn't have so many miscleanious languages to give translation all sorts of hell. Why isn't in out in Australia is the main question, seeing as our only language here is English

Its called inovation. Beats the excessive lug that was an Xbox controller, or the boringly rehashed PS3 one

You do know what I say about leaving yourself open to arguments? Don't. Do. It.

you got it right its a crap game intended for a minority audience of children who enjoy butten mashing tongue and cheek games.

Beats having to remember an excessively long series of buttons that will require me to have to look up a freaking guide on the Internet just to figure out how that character ripped open my spine from 10 feet away when all I can do is a lame ducking kick

Yea, go buttom mashing boredom awesome inovation. -_-
Good game..

On a side note, I dont like DSG, and I do like mech.
so before any comments get thrown around

ps. Im fucking drunk.

Level 17
People here argue just for the sake of arguing, and not for the sake of proving their point. You need to stop mud slinging each other in every blasted thread you see, because it closes them down and is upsetting for users who actually want to post something useful.

I know i'm going to get flamed for this, but please, you people who keep quoting each other just to DISPROVE the others point are acting like idiots.

On a side note, I dont like DSG, and I do like mech.
so before any comments get thrown around

Meaning the intended comments were not valid towards your opinion of the game, which is what this thread was about, but the disapproval of others opinions. (This doesnt just go for you, i mean). You cant convince someone to believe something other than his opinion, because its his opinion, and your idiots to try.

(I'm about to get flamed in 3,2,1...)

(Edit: Also, this should be in the console section.)

Last edited:
Level 27
How is voice chat necessary? I've never used it, all it's done for my brother is allowed him to make fun of the prepubescent kids playing Halo 3 thinking they're "pr0skizzle". As entertaining it may be, it's hardly a staple to modern gaming.
Especially in a game as fast paced as Brawl, you don't need to plan a lot out with teammates as opposed to say, a sneak attack in Halo.
--donut3.5--

Level 17
How is voice chat necessary? I've never used it, all it's done for my brother is allowed him to make fun of the prepubescent kids playing Halo 3 thinking they're "pr0skizzle". As entertaining it may be, it's hardly a staple to modern gaming.
Especially in a game as fast paced as Brawl, you don't need to plan a lot out with teammates as opposed to say, a sneak attack in Halo.
--donut3.5
--

Its because mecheon mentioned Voice Chat in a general manner. And in many games it can be useful. The way mecheon said it, he sounds like he is reffering to voice chat in general

Level 24
I don't like what SSBB did to the air dodge. As a matter of fact, I fucking hate what SSBB did to the air dodge. And then they totally messed with Sheik's range, and Ike's final smash is just outrageous. As a matter of fact, final smashes are novel, but rather unbalanced. Ike and Wolf sort of come to mind.

All my whining aside, it's still a pretty good game. I just played too much SSBM.

Protip: To start off as Sheik instead of Zelda, move the cursor over Sheik (in the portrait where it shows what character you have chosen) and press [A].

Side note: I am totally biased towards Mecheon (that doesn't mean that I'm biased against DSG), because he turns scolding idiots into flaming them, and turns flaming from an aggravated occurrence into a fucking art. If flaming were an Olympic sport, Mecheon would have lots of expensive medals hanging in his trophy case, assuming that he has one. Brings tears to my eyes, sometimes. I wish I was that artistic with my diction.

Level 27
--

Its because mecheon mentioned Voice Chat in a general manner. And in many games it can be useful. The way mecheon said it, he sounds like he is reffering to voice chat in general

If its for terms in general, then you shouldn't use it as a point against brawl..

*gasp*
What did they do to the air dodge? I used to own all my friends with it! (The only reason why I could beat my friends was because I mastered all the dodges, and would dodge around the map ^ ^)
--donut3.5--

Level 24
You just dodge around the map? Pussy, run some. I would dodge when I had to, and run the rest of the time. Not to mention you're left wide open during the time directly after you execute the dodge.

Anyways, what the did to the air dodge is that while you may do it as many times as you want, only certain characters actually move during an air dodge. So, air-dodging is no longer a viable option for recovery, which is an enormous load of bullshit for characters with situational recovery moves (or no recovery moves... but she gets 4 air jumps anyways). I'm pretty sure Ike and Marth can manoeuvre during air dodges, and I know for a fact that Sheik and Zelda do not. No idea about the other characters, as I don't own the game.

Fun stuff: Computers now edge camp, as opposed to trying to follow you off the edge.

Level 24
Marth is one of the fastest characters in the game, I don't think it balances him out to make his repeatable air-dodge move him through the air when most other characters don't.

Level 24
I think he may have been nerfed, yes. And they definitely made the dancing swords (or whatever) attack too easy.

Level 14
Finally got around to playing it. It just looks like they put in more stuff. Fun yes but it just feels like playing any of the older versions. I wish they would have added more stuff in it. More complex moves or something.

Level 24
Haha, seriously an hour and a half after I made that last post, my parents come back from the store and my brother is sitting on the case for SSBB to hide it from me. So it seems that most characters can continue to move horizontally with an air dodge, because the air dodge slightly stalls their fall, but they are still able to move horizontally at the same rate. And Marth does seem to have a little less kick behind his attacks, even if he does do the same damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.