• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Squizzle's spellfactory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Well well my dear hivers I've finally come to the decision to open up some spellfactory.

You may request spells to be done being fullly GUI and MUI under the following conditions:

*100 Posts or 25 rep at least

*Spell is not to be found via the search

*Spell must be interesting (not like 'energyball is shot, knocking back on impact o.o')

*Post a detailed description of the spell like type(pbaoe / single / aoe / ...), tooltip and stuff as i will not ask ANY questions about the spell so please make that one clear.
Requests like 'make me spell for my map wit triggers so I can have it plsplspls' will be ignored

*ANY post containing 'naruto' or anything related will be ignored :>

Last thing to mention: I only take one request at once, so if the status is 'In Progress', I ignore every request during that period.

This post sets up the status for the spells:

In Progress
Spells done so far:
-

Last edited:
Level 30
Waaaaaah!
Another Spellfactory.

Paladon hurries to Dynasti and reopens their Spellfactory.

I wish you only the best.
May i request a spell?

~<Some epic name>

The hero (one of these elemental pandaren) jumps and rolls into a ball and continuously bounces around slamming down at random locations close to his previous location, dealing aoe damage whereever he lands.
Higher levels could simply increase the number of bounces, possibly damage too.
Knockback is optional.

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Hey Squiggy, i see u opened a Spell Factory, Good luck.

My Spell Request -

Fire Grab - The hero releases a Hook or something like that, to a targeted are, and if any unit comes in contact with that hook, the unit will be Pushed or caught to the location of the Caster Dealing 100 Physical damage ( Eye candy and special effects UR CHOICE ! ).

Example : Pudge Hook in DOTA . It is needed to be GUI MUI ( indexing ) not custom value.

Level 11
I was considering something like this 'cause I like making spells, but meh. Most people have terrible ideas anyway. Here's my easy spell because I can't think of anything more complex right now.

For your consideration;

Elemental Affliction

The caster lays a terrible curse on a target enemy unit, causing all the turmoil nature can provide to be focused upon him.

Every 5 second the target will either, at random;

Take 5 + 3*Ability level x the casting hero's strength in damage and be burned for 5 seconds, reducing its armor by 6 * Ability level
Take 5 + 3*Ability level x the casting hero's agility in damage and be shocked for 5 seconds, reducing its attack rate and damage by 30 * Ability level %
Take 5 + 3*Ability level x the casting hero's intelligence in damage and be frozen for 5 seconds, reducing its movement rate by 80% and giving a 15 + 5*Ability level % for the unit to be stunned and take 50*Ability level damage every .5 seconds.

In addition, enemies within a 500 area around the cursed unit will feel some effects of the unit's suffering, being either burned, shocked or frozen for half the effect of the cursed unit every 5 seconds, depending on the effect the cursed unit feels.

Duration is 30 seconds, 15 for heroes; cooldown is 30 seconds - 5 per ability level. Has 5 levels.

I expect it to be flashy with whatever special effects you prefer and find most appropriate.

Edit: GUI MUI preferred but not required since I won't be using the spell.
Edit2: If you can make it fully stacking (multiple casts accumulative on a single unit; i.e. burn/frost/shock effects doubled if cast twice, tripled for 3 casts, etc. etc.), do so, as that would impress me greatly :D

Level 11
I don't know Jass either, moreover all the spells written in Jass have a great documentation at the initialization period so you can change everything easily. There is a MUI meat hook in jass on helper. I tell this just because you ASKED for it, not becase I want to own your brain.

Level 14
May i request a spell?

Brutal torment:The death knight uses his necromantic powers to unleash a powerful wave of pure darkness and steal the flesh of his enemies

description:The spell will be like Carrion warm but it will not only damage enemies it has a change to aftomaticaly kill enemies the beam model will be some bloody splash explosions at a straight line

Lvls/dmg/change to kill:lvl 1/200dmg/30% change to kill an enemy,lvl 2/380 dmg/60% change to kill enemy and lvl 3/560dmg/90% change to kill enemy

Note:when i say to kill enemy i mean it will kill some enemies the bean hitted

gredits and +rep when its done :D

Level 28
I was considering something like this 'cause I like making spells, but meh. Most people have terrible ideas anyway. Here's my easy spell because I can't think of anything more complex right now.

For your consideration;

Elemental Affliction

The caster lays a terrible curse on a target enemy unit, causing all the turmoil nature can provide to be focused upon him.

Every 5 second the target will either, at random;

Take 5 + 3*Ability level x the casting hero's strength in damage and be burned for 5 seconds, reducing its armor by 6 * Ability level
Take 5 + 3*Ability level x the casting hero's agility in damage and be shocked for 5 seconds, reducing its attack rate and damage by 30 * Ability level %
Take 5 + 3*Ability level x the casting hero's intelligence in damage and be frozen for 5 seconds, reducing its movement rate by 80% and giving a 15 + 5*Ability level % for the unit to be stunned and take 50*Ability level damage every .5 seconds.

In addition, enemies within a 500 area around the cursed unit will feel some effects of the unit's suffering, being either burned, shocked or frozen for half the effect of the cursed unit every 5 seconds, depending on the effect the cursed unit feels.

Duration is 30 seconds, 15 for heroes; cooldown is 30 seconds - 5 per ability level. Has 5 levels.

I expect it to be flashy with whatever special effects you prefer and find most appropriate.

Edit: GUI MUI preferred but not required since I won't be using the spell.
Edit2: If you can make it fully stacking (multiple casts accumulative on a single unit; i.e. burn/frost/shock effects doubled if cast twice, tripled for 3 casts, etc. etc.), do so, as that would impress me greatly :D
Well well I'll do it ^.^
You'll receive a PM when it's done

Level 25
Good job on opening a spell factory :thumbs_up:
I hope you won't get overwhelmed like the last spell factory....
I may post advices during you spellmaking if is see the need...

@Elemental Affliction spell

Actualy it is harder to make a good stacking spell but what is the most hardest thing? Making a stacking spell that won't overflow with effects upon several cast's. Now that is a challenge, i would recommend a buff checking ability to prevent overflow of effects.
Good Luck!

Level 11
Since Squiggy has already decided on which spell he is going to work, but there are some several other requests, I decided to take part in it.

I hope noone is against this, especially the creator of the thread. :)

So, I'd like to present the spell requested by arthas_king:

Brutal Torment

attachment.php

I hope, I understood everything correctly in description. However, 90% chance for instant kill seems to be very much. oO

So, as has been requested:

This spell has been created by the request of arthas_king on Squizzle's spellfactory.

Description: The death knight sends the line of powerful blood explosions, dealing damage to enemies equal to 200 / 380 / 560 and with 30 / 60 / 90 percent chance to instant kill the enemy unit.

The spell seems to be MUI, leakless and easy changeable.
Don't need any credits (Just a "Thank you" will be enough) and can be modified as anybody likes.

Deleted the map from here since there is a better version below.

Attachments

• BT_Screenshot.jpg
    BT_Screenshot.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Level 11
As you see, that's why I added two variables with minimum and maximum reward given to the hero. ;) He gets the credit, by it just doesn't shown as a "+ gold" in game.
For what do you think this line stays?
  • Player - Add (Random integer number between BT_MinRew and BT_MaxRew) to (Owner of (Casting unit)) Gold (Current)

Level 11
But the hero won't gain experience, main point.

Edit: Not bad, I expected it to be an actual carrion swarm style spell rather than instant line damage, but it works and is much easier to make MUI.

Only thing I'd suggest is using "angle between points - position of casting unit + target point of ability being cast" rather then "facing angle of casting unit", more accurate targeting.

Level 11
Simple, just open the trigger and replace

• Unit - Kill (Random unit from BT_TempGroup)
with

• Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Random unit from BT_TempGroup), dealing 999999 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
and remove
  • Player - Add (Random integer number between BT_MinRew and BT_MaxRew) to (Owner of (Casting unit)) Current gold
so the unit doesn't get double bounty.

Level 11
Yeah, Meticulous is right. Nevertheless, I'll update it in some minutes, just wait a bit.
Here it is. By the way, thanks a lot for useful suggestion, you were right, sometimes I had glitches with my way of setting the angle.

Attachments

• Brutal Torment v1.1.w3x
    32.1 KB · Views: 35
Level 11
Didn't I say that I want to help only if the author isn't against? Seems, that I did so.
And, yeah, I agree, that I made a mistake by posting here the map without permission, but it wasn't a bad crucial thing at all. :)
Squiggy is working on another spell, and other requests are still need to be solved, I've just helped. Also I thought it would be better if everybody can see or use (or suggest impovements) it, not just a requesting person. :)

Level 11
You see, I'd like to make the spells in my free time, when I'm bored or have nothing to do. First of all, creating a spellfactory creates kinda of a responsilibity (I'm not sure, I can make everything, for example, as you and Paladon can), secondly, as you can see, here are not too many requests. (Dunno, maybe it's b/c Squiggy hadn't relesed anything yet) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.