• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spread Poison Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Topic: Spread Poison Damage

Q: How to make a spread poison damage in GUI.

I've seen so much of the TD's where in they have a spread poison attack where in the units attacked slows down and takes damage. I've tried but failed....

Do I need buffs for this?

Thanks in advance!

Level 2
You can't add a buff to a unit through triggers; you can only remove them.

You would need an attacking dummy unit to add slow poison to the enemies.

Or use a dummy unit with Shadow Strike.

Thought I saw one when I was making a tutorial. =((

Hear me Cry!

Level 6
Try this:

• Poison Damage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacked unit) is A ground unit) Equal to True
      • (Attacking unit) Equal to Poison Cannon
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Group = (Units within 200.00 of (Position of (Attacked unit)) matching (((Attacked unit) is A ground unit) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set (Attacked unit) movement speed to 65.00
          • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at (Position of (Attacked unit)), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
          • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at (Position of (Attacked unit)), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
It slows the unit and damages them every 2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.