• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Poison Sting Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Try this.

1. New Map
2. Create hero and add "Envenomed Weapons (Neutral Hostile)"
3. Save & Test map - notice that Envenomed weapons poisons enemy units.
4. Go back into editor. Copy the "Poison Sting" ability to create a custom version. Uncheck the "item ability" box on the custom version of Poison Sting, then add Poison Sting custom version to the same hero, keep Envenomed Weapons on him too.
5. Save & Test map - notice that Envenomed weapons doesn't show up on the hero anymore and he deals no poison damage.
6. Go back into editor. Remove the custom Poison Sting ability from the hero.
7. Save & Test map - notice that Envenomed weapons still doesn't show up on the hero and he still deals no poison damage.
8. Go back into editor. Reset the hero to defaults, save the map. Close the editor and reopen it. Add Envenomed Weapons back to the hero.
9. Save & Test map - notice that Envenomed weapons still doesn't show up on the hero and he still does no poison damage.

This is causing me a huge problem because I can't get a unit to use a poison attack again. Any idea on why this is happening?

I noticed that poison sting uses a buff called "venom" which I don't see listed under buffs, but envenomed weapons uses a "poison" buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.