• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sponsored Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I was scrolling down to the bottom of the website, for some dumb reason, and I saw these ads (the ones for WoW money)... don't you think it's a little strange to advertise illegal stuff on a website that doesn't support it?

Attachments

• omg!.jpg
    omg!.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 147
Level 15
They are not Google ads, just for reference, but yes, ads sometimes contain irrelevant (or unwanted) content.

Level 34
The Hive is not doing anything wrong. Legally I think that because the WoW gold is not actually on the site, there's nothing wrong. Although it's ironic considering The Hive doesn't even support the talk of WoW models, let alone buying gold.

Level 32
They are not Google ads, just for reference, but yes, ads sometimes contain irrelevant (or unwanted) content.
Aye:
You've probably all noticed that the google ads stopped showing a week ago. I have decided to give bidvertiser a try and they seem fairly good. I hope to get money enough for the next server tickets with this. Since it costs very much.

Please welcome bidvertiser :)
[off-topic] ~ Thread renamed.

Level 36
I guess it's more of a liability thing since Hive is such a large community it has a bigger chance of being caught for it and sued (especially since it's a .com not a .org).

I myself don't really care about that stuff, I just try to follow the rules as much as possible and was pointing out that illegal ads kinda contradict them.

Status
Not open for further replies.