• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spells for unrooted Ancient based Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,
Im from Austria, I hope you can understand my Englisch.

Ive got a little problem and i could not find a solution.

What I want:
I want to add a Spell to an Ancient.
Normally, this added Spell could be used when the unit is rooted.
But I want to use when it is unrooted.

Wheres the problem:
the spell is visible/usable when the unit is rooted.
when i unroot it, the spell disappears.
When i root again, the spell is there again.

So the spell is JUST NOT THERE when i want to use it in the unrooted state.
I discovered also, that skill "eat tree" is visible in unrooted state. but i could not find out how to do that with other skills.

My Masterplan:
I found this awesome modell.
It can be found here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/project-odin-anarchianbedlam-137414/?prev=of%3Ddownloads_month%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D4

I want to use this model, i added the model to an ancient based unit.
so the rooting and unrooting itself works.
but i want to use skills from unrooted state.
If you watch the video on the project side, you will see at 0:34 that it is possible, and that would be the way i want to have it too.

PLUS: if possible i want this as a hero unit.

IF somebody can do this or help me, i would be VERY happy^^
so pleeeeaaaaasssseeee :cry: XD

i hope my englisch wasnt to bad and my problem is understandable.
im looking forward to your responses

Level 3
know that the rooted\unrooted Ancient is a different unit!it roots\unroots with replace unit.so you add the ability to both rooted and unrooted(which you will find in special,NOT BUILDINGS).do it and that should be ok.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hey! Thank you for yor post, but I think you saw the "Treant" unit. But this is not the unrooted form of "Ancient of War". Or maybe I still looked at the wrong place?

Level 7
Bloody_Mage is right. Rooted units and unrooted units are different. They have different skill sets and different attacks. So when you add abilities to unrooted units, rooted units will not be affected
When you open WcWE, you will see that the rooted buildings are in Building, and the unrooted ones are in Special (if I can remember well...)

Level 10
Bloody_Mage is right. Rooted units and unrooted units are different. They have different skill sets and different attacks. So when you add abilities to unrooted units, rooted units will not be affected
When you open WcWE, you will see that the rooted buildings are in Building, and the unrooted ones are in Special (if I can remember well...)
I don't think this is true. There are no unrooted units in Night Elf > Special. Additionally, I gave an ability (Aerial Shackles) to only the unit in Night Elf > Buildings; a trigger that checked for the level of Aerial Shackles being 1 or higher returned true whether rooted or uprooted.

However, the ability was only visible when rooted. I don't know of any way to make normal abilities usable by an uprooted unit. In my map, I've changed to using Metamorphosis/Robo-Goblin instead of root.

Status
Not open for further replies.