• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Cast Ability when Unrooted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have a building that has the root ability (like the night elf buildings) and I want it so that it can use mana shield when unrooted, but at the moment it has the ability when rooted but not unrooted.

Could anyone help me with this?

Level 8
U can Add/Remove abilities easily with triggers

somthing like
Event - unit starts effect
condition - ability id is Unroot/Root
event - Give/Remove Ability

this should help u.

greets equal

Level 5
@Dr Super Good: You cant change the stats etc of the unrooted form as root/unroot does not swap between 2 different units but rather changes some of the caster's stats like movment and attack used.

@Zack1996: The thing is that when I unroot the mana shield ability is not there and I dont want the rooted version to have mana shield.

Are there any other abilities that I could use to get the same effect as root/unroot?

Last edited:
Level 8
OFC, u would have to creat 2 units and modify them to your wishes

additionaly u would have to create a simultnus Root ability(in fact 2 would be better i think), to mimic the
effect and swap betwen the 2 units.

Simple Jass is exactly what u need, but its is very good doable in GUI.

greets equal

Status
Not open for further replies.