• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells DMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I need help with spells.
Let's admit, that we have Fire Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Cold Bolt and Soul Strike Spells.
What should I make that attack of these spells was above or below, when I use it on the certain monsters.
For example, we have Water Golem(monster) and I use spell Lighting Bolt and this monster receives more damage.
Or we have Water Golem(monster) and I use spell Cold Bolt and this monster receives NO damage.
Please, help me
:cute:

Level 3
You will have to use triggers for every unit that will take either less or more damage from the spell...

Level 8
As far as I am awhere there is no way to recognize the type of damage . I can only think of two ways to create your system, both requiring that all your spells are 100% based on triggers.
1: You for example rename siege damage to fire, spell to cold... Then you rename the armor types to cold, fire... You set the damages that each armor type receives to whatever. You then let your spells for example cause siege damage (renamed to fire) with the damage target action. This way normal attacks are overridden, but that may be a good point.
2: All your spells first check is the target a cold golem or whatever. You then deal damage if conditions are met. Example:
Event - Unit start the effects of ability
Conditions - Ability = Lightning Bolt
Actions
If - Then - Else
- Conditions
Or any
Unit Type Of target of ability = Water Golem or some other way to recognize it
Unit Type of target of ability = lesser Water Golem
... (And so on and so forth)
Then
Order Caster to deal 300 damage to target unit of ability
Else