• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Spellbook problems again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Ok first of all I will tell what I am doing:

I would like to let heros choose 11 skills from 20. I do this by creating custom units that have the same icon of the spell that I would like to learn, and a similar tool tip. My heros have all the abilities in advance in spell books but they are just disabled, and when they train the custom unit it just enables the skills that coresponds to the units. But for some reason when I test to see if my method works only some abilities end up getting enabled. But since I have varibles that eventually make all the units unavalible for training I know that there is no problem with the events, conditions and actions. Here is an example of how the spell books are set up.

Holy Knight Abilities(spellbook) <- target abilities(spellbook) <- Holy Light(skill)

So you cant see the last 2 before you train the units, and when you train the unit(Holy Light), Holy Light should be enabled but what if it doesn't enable, and a skill like Devotion Aura does.

The results of what skills that dont get enabled and do get enabled is always consistent, unless I screw with it, like change around the (skill) is before(target abilities)

Level 8
Personally, I would do this in a different way, by adding the spellbook only when the unit is bought rather than adding the spellbook at start and disabling the abilities...

thank you I should have said that I am also looking for alternate ways to acheive my goal, I will try this method. This is perfect because one of my theories that this method does not work is that there is just to many abilities which makes spellbooks unhappy... yeah I dno I will try it anyway.

Level 8
This method still does not do anything there are still some skills that refuse to show up... :sad:

edit: I was completely wrong, the method that you said works perfectly and it also fixed another bug that I was having that you couldnt choose the order of the skills in the spell book. Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.