• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellbook coordinates Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hiho @ all

the plan: I want create one spellbook and 11 other spells that i will put it in the Spellbook.
I know that each spell got x-coordinates and y-coordinates.

the problem
: If i give all spells coordinates, add them to the spellbook, the spells in the book are a totaly chaos :eekani:

my Question: So i want ask for the corect coordinates for a spell. Is x=0/y=0 top left? or down left? or what?

Hope someone understand what i meen and can help me :confused:

Level 7
Hmm ive never done anything like this, but i know that 0,0 is bottom left, so if your placing coords from top left to top right, it would look something like..

[-100,100] [-300,100] [-500,100] [-700,100]
[-100,-100][-300,-100][-500,-100][-700,-100]
[-100,-300][-300,-300][-500,-300]

lol i dunno, but i hope that helps

Level 16
Ok i did it and i will show you the result of it:

I got following Spells:
Potion of Relenishment 0/2
Alchemy Stone 1/2
Potion of Restoration 2/2
Potion of Invisibility 3/2
--------------------------
Healing Rune 0/1
Potion of Last Hope 1/1
Powerfull Rune 2/1
Potion of Gods 3/1
Orb of Magic 0/0
So this are diffrent spells, and if you use one, the should create an item (trigger). [Trigger is not created yet, first i want solve my spellproblem]

I add this spells to the spellbook and the result is:

Potion of Last Hope | Potion of Restoration | Alchemy Orb | Potion of Replenishment
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orb of magic | Potion of Invisibility | Powerfull Rune | <empty>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<empty> | <empty> | <empty> | <The-Back-Button>

Level 7
Ok i did it and i will show you the result of it:

I got following Spells:
Potion of Relenishment 0/2
Alchemy Stone 1/2
Potion of Restoration 2/2
Potion of Invisibility 3/2
Healing Rune 0/1
Potion of Last Hope 1/1
Powerfull Rune 2/1
Potion of Gods 3/1
Orb of Magic 0/0
So this are diffrent spells, and if you use one, the should create an item (trigger). [Trigger is not created yet, first i want solve my spellproblem]

I add this spells to the spellbook and the result is:

Potion of Last Hope | Potion of Restoration | Alchemy Orb | Potion of Replenishment
Orb of magic | Potion of Invisibility | Powerfull Rune | <empty>
<empty> | <empty> | <empty> | <The-Back-Button>

so your saying...

Potion of last hope 1/1
Potion of restoration 2/2
alchemy orb 1/2
potion of replenishment 0/2
========
orb of magic 0/0
potion of invisibility 3/2
powerful rune 2/1
<empty>
===
<empty>
<empty>
blah blah
===

hmmm.. well... that should of worked, but idk, try some weird combonations of coords and try again, lol

but didnt you say there were 11 spells, and not 9??

Level 16
Jeah my mistake ..

i meen 11 spells but only 9 speels are important for this part ^^

Hmm i tried so much stuff ... but i want get the right -_-

Maybe someother see this thread i know the problem.

I think maybe the spells ignore the coods and are sort by other part ... maybe sort by name or whatever

Level 21
You can change the raw data ID by editing the ability data in the SLK files and reimporting them with an MPQ editor or simply download world edit NewGen (check wc3campaigns.net).

I however am not too sure if using custom data id's will help. I think the order of the spells is determined by the "base" data id (i.e. if you base your spell off stormbolt, it'll still check the stormbolt data id instead of your own data id).

Level 16
@ Eleandor: Ok i try it what you say and its ... let me say crazy =)

I get other way to do what i wanted, because the spellbook stuff wont work anyway... Dont know ... if i created other maps with a spellbook, it always works but this time ... na

Anyway got other way =) and want say big thanks that you help .. rly nice =)

Status
Not open for further replies.