1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Spell workshop

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by RaZoR, Jul 30, 2004.

1. The_Raven

The_Raven

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The thing is that if the units could continue to fight, then they could easily move out of the Black Hole's AoE.

If you still wanted to do this, you could use my spell. Give the Black Hole invisibility and decrease frequency of my periodic event trigger.

~The_Raven

2. Cronanius

Cronanius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    But that ruins the fun part!! Lol. Like I said, it's a challenge for somebody who really wants to try. Nothing more.

3. Formula1

Formula1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does anybody have any suggestions to do this spell?
    It would help me alot, plus could be used as a charge for maps like DBZ.

Give me suggestions in this format

Trigger #
    Event
    Condition
    Action

I need all the help i can get so even crappy suggestions would be better then none

4. Formula1

Formula1

Resources:
    Resources:
    I sorta got the other spell down, so im going on to the next,

Justice Wave- Heals Allies, Hurts Enemies

Ultimate
    Hurts or heals- 500
    Number of targets- 10

I just need a little help

5. RaZoR

RaZoR

Resources:
    Resources:
    i finished †es†amen†'s spell suggestion (and leissaK's too). i have to make the creeps respawn, then i will upload it. next spells will be tiki's

6. RaZoR

RaZoR

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. John

John

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would like to request a spell:
    called Blades of Blood
    it shoots out razor like red blades, in half circles, that spin, and do line damage. i cant find a model for it ><
    if you got any ideas that would Grreeat! :lol:

8. sheep.spirit

sheep.spirit

Resources:
    Resources:
    Spell Request

I cant relly understand Verxorian's copycat spell... can some one pls do a 1 lv ultimate that copies a hero but u retain your items.

Nightmare
    A spell that only damages the sleep.
    lv1: 250dmg wakes the unit
    lv2: 350dmg wakes the unit
    lv3: 450dmg wakes the unit

Lag
    lv1 taks dmg from attack after 60sec
    lv2 taks dmg from attack after 70sec
    lv3 taks dmg from attack after 80sec

Lastly, I am abit noob in thw World Editor.
    And i dont understand the recipe trigger. Can someone make a map on it with all these spells pls?? Thanx.

9. RaZoR

RaZoR

Resources:
    Resources:
    v.1.1 is uploaded. i added tiki's ideas and athena's (different to The_Raven's one). next spells will be the flaming sword spell and DracoLord's. sry that it took that long, but i had to make 3 versions of athena's exclamation :wink:

10. Tiki

Tiki

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    dude looks great. thanks alot

11. Taokuw00ta

Taokuw00ta

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here's a hard one, it's one I requested earlier, but Raven never got working on it, because he never got an appropiate model for it.

Bounds Of Life
    Launches Strings around the caster linking all units to him. It slowly saps away 5 hp every 2 secs, any unit under the effect can't move, and all ranged units under the effects can only attack at melee range. If a hero is struck by a string, it can still move and attack at any range, but it still sapped of hp. The caster can move around and do what ever, but if he dies, all the units and heroes stuck by strings die with him.

12. Rising Evil

Rising Evil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I Need an Auto-Cast Damaging spell like fire bolt but auto like heal. i tried with neg value on heal but wouldn't auto. tried to make a fireball but no auto option. Plz Help!

13. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Rising Evil... I will consider that and do it ASAP. I know this forum is pretty old but... I have some time now so I guess I can do it. You just need a dummy unit and an already auto-castable spell. :D

14. Mortiegama

Mortiegama

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm looking to create an intense spell called Wrath Of Nature.

Basically it effects a 1000 Area, first the caster uses roar which targets 1000 Area (Buffs to enemies only to make them selectable). Then it slides everyone back across the ground while doing special effects (whatever works best), then it finishes off with Doom special effect on the target.

Something along those lines, maybe changed a little if it could be made cooler.

15. Dr.Nitro

Dr.Nitro

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are you stupid? Reviving old topics is against the rules.

16. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think you are wrong Dr.Nitro. This guy was looking for help and he found this thread which sounded like the place where he would receive it. It was a request thread after all... Wasn't it? So... This Revival is an skipped in some exception cases you know.

Mortiegama... First, welcome to wc3sear.ch. I see this is your first post and I hope Dr.Nitro's reply didn't make you feel like leaving the place? He is sometimes a little harsh... You can find many nice people helping you, including him when you don't catch him like he was now. :D Anyway, for your spell, I am afraid I no longer take requests. I am very very busy with school... BUT, if you can detail this spell, I might be able to give you some hints about doing it through triggers. I hope you know how to work with Object Editor and Trigger Editor. These are the basic things you need for spells.

~Daelin

17. X-TREME-WARRIOR

X-TREME-WARRIOR

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hav a good spell idea!

I call it "Sword Aura".its +50 dmg to attacks,and gives nearby units +50 dmg also. 8) :twisted:

18. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    That was extreme spam. Anyone could do that spell in 5 seconds with a mod. trueshot

19. Esperman

Esperman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi, I need help on a certain spell I've been working on... Ok, I made a custom hero with custom spells... I've gotten all of the spells besides the ultimate to work. Ok, my custom hero is an arachnatid clone but it's a hero... Ok sorry for being so obvious... The ultimate is basically spawning less powerful arachnatids (It sounds easy but it doesn't seem to work the way I want it to...) I've got all the art and stuff down... Basically, what I want it to do is that it spawn 6 arachnathids when it dies (I used spawn spiderlings as the base) I got the amount and type of unit spawned thing to work properly but it's just that once the ability is researched, there's no icon where the icon for the ultimate should be... I have the icon for after it's research down but it still doesn't show... I know that spawn spells are "Hard-Wired" to not show an icon when it is researched... I'm just wondering if there is a certain way to get around this using minimal triggers (It would help if there weren't any triggers involved as I'm horrible with them...) Thanks a lot in advance and sorry if any of this doesn't make sense... Also, I kinda wanted the spell to have a reincarnation effect where after my arachnatid hero is killed, there is a delay before the less powerful arachnathids spawn (The delay time equal to that of Reincarnation...) I tried altering the casting delay time but that doesn't seem to work. Oh right, if you want to know why I want an icon after the spell is researched well it's because I want the spell to have a 120 second cooldown and it does work properly but the problem is that the icon doesn't show so whoever is playing with my custom hero won't know how long it is before the ultimate will happen again after the hero dies. I think that's about it... I pretty much have everything else down from the art to the effect to the buff and expiration time of the spawned units... It's just those things I mentioned that seem to rebel against working properly... Thanks a lot in advance and if there are somethings that I mentioned that cannot be done without massive trigger working or just plain can't be done at all, please tell me cause I do have a back-up spell in mind which I think could be done by myself (Heh, a spell that's easy enough for me to do alone is one easy spell since I'm not that good at working with spells let alone triggers...) I don't have a preference if this skill needs to be worked entirely by triggers or JASS, but if it does then I think I'll need a step by step tutorial on how to do it with triggers or JASS... Thanks again, sorry if any of this doesn't make sense (If it doesn't please tell me and I'll clarify), and umm... Keep up the good work... Sorry to be such a burden...

Edit: Oh sorry but I forgot to include this but if there was a spell similar to this requested or helped on, please tell me because I don't want to be a burden and I really didn't mean on posting a spell that had been helped on or request just recently... Thanks...

20. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Eusira... I think Extreme meant that he wants a spell which increases the damage not by 50% but instead by +50. Use my Light Aura to notice how I did and instead of using the Vision increase skill, use Orb of Fire. JASS is usually a pain in the ass for those who don't understand this so this is made in triggers so there should be no problem for you.

Esperman... I for one never saw other requests close to this one so here it goes my solution. You base the spell off whatever... Let's say... Evasion. Make it ultimate, one level, give it 0% chance to evade and all these stuff. Once you are done do the following stuff:

Trigger
    Event - An unit Dies
    Conditions - Dying unit has level of ability YourAbility greater than 0
    Actions - Set p = Position of (Dying Unit)
    - Wait 5.00 seconds
    - Create 6 Your_Scorpion_Minions for owner of (Triggering Unit) at p facing 0.00

So you basically use no spawning junk or stuff like that. Hopefully this works. I work rarely with triggers now and that is why I am addicted to variables. If you want, I can make this in JASS too. Just tell me if it works first...

~Daelin