• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My spell workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys, I am going to have my own spell workshop, just so you give me ideas so I can improve my spell making skills (and maybe I will be as good as Vexorian haha [joking]) Ok here are the rules:

1. Only one spell at a time per person please.

2. Give me some time, I am not exactly a pro at this, I am just learning.

3. Nothing that requires advanced JASS skills just basic.

4. If I am unable to do your spell, dont cry, dont curse, just turn to someone else for your help, there must be hundreds of spell makers in these forums.

Everything will be done in less than a week (try to come up with ideas right before the weekend, I have plenty of time on weekends)

Well thats all I got, we all gain from this, you help me at training in spell making, and I help you by making the spell. And of course each spell will be uploaded with funny artwork explaining what it does made in Paint... (dont feel like spending 500 bucks on photoshop)

Level 3
flame bolt

how bout a spell that targets an area of ground and shoots out a fire bold when it hits the targeted area it will make 3 more bolts fly out in random directions for about 300 range when those bolts hit the ground it will send out 3 more bolts in random directions and it keeps going for about 5 bounces the fie will have to look like its bounceing and some explosions when it hits the ground would be nice
this will have to have low damage or i could be used as an ultamate think ya can make that?

Level 7
I was unable to make it... This is what I did:

I made the spell like meteor, and made it do more damage, etc. It also summons 3 dummy casters which are invisible, and have the locust ability, and are able to cast meteor (with a smaller meteor) the problem is, instead of the smaller meteorsa breaking up from the larger one, they fall from the sky.. I dont know how to make it cast straight from the large meteor.

If anyone can tell me how to do this, I may still be able to do this spell. If not, then it is a failure...

Level 4
hey dude.. I asked in my own topic for some spells.. now I will tell them to u.. if u like em/wanna do them do them one by one, and take ur time...

1st Spell : Galaxian Explosion.
A small aoe spell with high impact damage, needs a model of blowin planets and stuff..

2nd spell : Dimensional Rift.
Teleports a target enemy unit to another dimension makin him useless for 5 seconds.. then come back with 100 less hp... *he doesn't regenerate jp/mana in the other dimension, disappears from the map, returns with the same items/cooldowns... Also make a trigger for noobs who think it's a bug: "Player name has been sent to another dimension and will be back in 5 seconds." with a countdown timer on the screen* and when the target is back..the terrain moves like in earthquake. needs a model of moving planets and dimensions or use black hole(available on the site)...

3rd spell : Mind confusion.
makes a target enemy unit walk like a random critter, use spells on other targets(if possible) to a short period of time.

4th spell : sickness.
targets falls asleep if left alone or got too many fast commands.... (is dispellable) and slows spell cooldowns.

5th : Psychic Heal.
caster is channelin a spell ... has a light around him and starts healin units in an area of effect dependin on a percentage of their initial hp...

thx in advance.

Level 7
The_Raven said:
@leissaK

Use an ability that has a projectile art, like Storm Bolt.

If you're going to do †es†amen†'s spells, then check out this thread:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=2637

~The_Raven

If I use stormbolt I will be unable to add AoE damage, although this will work (if I set a projectile art) it wont be able to do AoE damage.

†es†amen†, I will be working on your spells now.

Level 4
10x leissak.. 1 last favor... I need mind confusion to be a spell of 10 lvls.. if u could do that.. or make 2-3 lvls and I'll copy the triggers .. coz, I admit that I'm a trigger noob..

Level 9
Sure...why not? I'm only working on four spells at the moment.

If ((Level of (Ability) for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1) then do (Wait X seconds) else do (Do nothing)
If ((Level of (Ability) for (Casting unit)) Equal to 2) then do (Wait X seconds) else do (Do nothing)
...etc.

~The_Raven

Level 4
i c...
what about this one
a special feature for 3 distinct heroes.. when they combine in a triangle form they can cast all their ultimates combine in one, the most powerfull ultimate called "Athena exclamation". how's that sound like? unique right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.