• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell trigger not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi.

I'm right now having a serious problem with one of the triggered spells of my map. The trigger structure is:

-EVENT
A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) starts the effect of an ability

-CONDITION
(Triggering unit) equal to Dummy
(Ability being cast) equal to DEFEND

-ACTION

"Dummy" is a dummy unit I use to launch the spell. "DEFEND" is the name of the ability used to start the trigger.
The problem is that this ability never starts, no matter how many times "Dummy" launches the DEFEND ability.
I have already done a similar trigger with another spell, and it works fine. This one, doesn't.
This issue ruins my battle system, I can't advance at all if I don't solve this. Anyone can help me?
Thanks in advance.

Regards

Level 33
  • Defend Activation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Dummy
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(defend))
    • Actions
      • -------- ACTIONS HERE --------
This is when the Defend ability is activated

To deactivate it, use "undefend" as its order string, instead "defend"

(Issued order) function falls under Order Comparison

Level 9
Oops, it looks that I didn't explained myself properly before...
"DEFEND" is a custom ability I made, based on the Chain Lightning... not the default Defend ability that wc3 has. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I named it "DEFEND" because this trigger starts a defensive spell.
So, the ability is based on Chain Lightning. THAT'S the problem. It should work! But it doesn't..:vw_death:

I believe that this thread should be in the "Triggers & Scripts" section...

I didn't realized... Sorry, you're right. It won't happen again.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.