• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Spell Steal Immunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Is there a way to make a unit OR BUFF immune to the Spell Breaker's Spell Steal without making it immune to other spells?

My spell works like a timed Charm. Once the duration of the spell wears off, the unit is returned to it's original owner.

But no matter how I look at the buff, Positive or Negative, Spell Breaker's will get confused and Autocast Spell Steal on the unit.

If it's a Negative buff, friendly Spell Breakers will move it off of the Hypnotized unit and onto an enemy unit, thus wasting their mana, wasting my unit's mana that cast Hypnotize, and putting a buff that does nothing on an enemy unit.

Likewise, if the buff is Positive then ENEMY Spell Breaker's will want to steal the buff to put it on a friendly unit. This is not as much of a waste because it's (Likely) removing the Hypnotize on what was once a friendly unit, thus making it friendly again. But once again, the buff does nothing, so now we got a useless buff creating clutter on some unit.

Either way, I have an unwanted issue all because of Spell Steal's mechanics. Is there a way to get around this?

Level 12
Can you explain a bit more? Not quite sure what you mean by that! xD

You mean like, spawn a tornado (The Sea Witches' Tornado Spell) spawn that right on top of the target unit, and that'll work?

(Making a modified tornado to where it'll only effect the targeted unit, changing duration, etc...)

Level 12
1)Make a dummy spell based on channel.

2)When a unit use that spell, change owner of target unit and add a aura to target unit that only effects "self" and 0 aoe.(aura should have no effect, just for buff display)

3)After X time, change owner back and remove buff aura.

Status
Not open for further replies.