• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell sounds from rpg's like WoW/Aion/WAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Heya.
I'm not sure if this is 'legal' on this site. Could someone tell me if it is because I don't want any trouble. And if it is. Does someone have spell sounds from World of Warcraft, Aion or Warhammer Online? Or other medieval games?

For those that play world of warcraft. Let's imagine the sound of a mage's Fireblast or a druid's lifebloom. Those little sounds would be a cool addition to any RPG maker in here. I personally play Aion atm, and I loooooove the sounds in there but I don't know how to "get those sounds out of that game".

So again:
If this is legal, could someone help me with it or post things you found on internet or something?

Thanks alot.

Level 4
:ned: Well, Blizzard uses .mpq format for storing their game files in. If you wanna extract them you can use a helpful little tool called "WinMPQ" which allows you to view certain .mpq files & extract data from them if need be. You can even use it to create your own .mpq storage file if need be...

Just google WinMPQ or something and you should find it.

Now as far as sounds from Aion or WAR... Idk because 1) I dont play those games, and 2) I don't know what formats the makers of those games use to store game data. :ned:

Status
Not open for further replies.