• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Show System [Reviewed: Ralle]

Level 6
SPELL SHOW SYSTEM
Do you want to know how to use the Spell Show System? This occurs when you cast a spell, the name of the spell comes out as a Floating Text. In this Tutorial, I'm gonna teach you how to do that.

TRIGGER ONE
First off, we're going to create Variables. Actually, we're only going to create 1 type of variable. I labeled mine, SpellTextTime. And made it into a real.

1.) For the first trigger, for the event, we're going to use Map Initialization For the Actions, we're going to use that variable I asked you to create.
A.) Event- Map Initialization
B.) Actions- Set SpellTextTime = 1.50
-That is the time the floating text ends.
InitializeSpellSHowSystem.jpg

2.) For the second trigger, for the event, we're going to use the Unit- starts the effect of an ability. For the actions, It's quite long so I'll just put up the picture of the first action.
FloatingText.jpg

It's okay if you don't put the "+!!" sign. For the second action, we're gonna set the velocity of the Floating Text to 80.00 towards 90.00. For the third action, we change the last created special effect to disable permanence. For the fourth and the last action, this action ends the floating text. We'll change it's life span to the spelltexttime seconds.
A.) Event- Unit Starts the effect of an ability.
B.) Actions- Create a floating text of the ability being cast.
- Set the velocity of the last created floating text.
- Disable the permanence.
- Set the lifespan.
SpellShowSystem.jpg

CREDITS: underscore
Diehard@Azeroth

Last edited:
Level 1
If the Hero or any unit cast a spell, it comes out? Even if the unit is not yours?

Nice job on the tutorial. Change the "gonna"s to "going to" xP and separate these words:
createVariables.

Other than that, good job. I think people would like this. I think if you covered more than just one RPG system, it would be more helpful and a greater use of a thread, but I think it is fine.

It is up to the mods to move this. I find everything on this factual and functional.

Level 40
This seems generally appreciated, so there is no reason I see to not improve it in the long run.

However, in the mean time, I tried experimenting with your formatting a bit. What do you think of this (Also worked on the grammar in places)? Finally, could you please convert those images to
  • tags?
  • [hidden=Alternate Format][SIZE=5][center][b][color=red]Spell Show System[/color][/b][/SIZE][/center]
  • Do you want to know how to display the name of a spell over the caster whenever it is cast? This tutorial will teach you how to do just that.
  • [COLOR="DarkOrange"][b]Trigger One[/COLOR][/b]
    • First off, we're going to create [B]Variables.[/B] Actually, we're only going to create one type of variable (a Real). I named mine [COLOR=DarkOrange]SpellTextTime[/COLOR].
  • [list=1][*]For the first trigger, for the event, we're going to use [COLOR="Red"]Map Initialization[/COLOR] For the Actions, we're going to use that variable I asked you to create.
  • [list=A][*]Event
  • [list][*]Map Initialization[/list]
  • [*]Actions
  • [list][*]Set SpellTextTime = 1.50
  • [*]That is the time the floating text ends.[/list][/list]
    • [IMG]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/skytainted/InitializeSpellSHowSystem.jpg[/IMG]
  • [*]For the second trigger, for the event, we're going to use the[COLOR="Red"] Unit- starts the effect of an ability[/COLOR]. For the actions, It's quite long so I'll just put up the picture of the first action.
  • [IMG]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/skytainted/FloatingText.jpg[/IMG]
  • It's okay if you don't put the "+!!" sign. For the [COLOR="Red"]second action[/COLOR], we're going to [COLOR="Red"]set the velocity of the Floating Text to 80.00 towards 90.00[/COLOR]. For the [COLOR="Red"]third[/COLOR] action, [COLOR="Red"]we change the last created special effect to disable permanence[/COLOR]. For the [COLOR="Red"]fourth (and last)[/COLOR] action, this action ends the floating text. We'll change it's life span to the spelltexttime seconds.
  • [list=A][*]Event
  • [list][*]Unit Starts the effect of an ability.[/list]
  • [*]Actions[list][*]Create a floating text of the ability being cast.
  • [*]Set the velocity of the last created floating text.
  • [*]Disable the permanence.
  • [*]Set the lifespan.[/list][/list]
  • [IMG]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/skytainted/SpellShowSystem.jpg[/IMG][/list]
  • [COLOR="Magenta"]CREDITS: underscore
  • Diehard@Azeroth[/COLOR][/hidden]
  • [hidden=Raw code for easy CnP][plain][SIZE=5][center][b][color=red]Spell Show System[/color][/b][/SIZE][/center]
  • Do you want to know how to display the name of a spell over the caster whenever it is cast? This tutorial will teach you how to do just that.
  • [COLOR="DarkOrange"][b]Trigger One[/COLOR][/b]
    • First off, we're going to create [B]Variables.[/B] Actually, we're only going to create one type of variable (a Real). I named mine [COLOR=DarkOrange]SpellTextTime[/COLOR].
  • [list=1][*]For the first trigger, for the event, we're going to use [COLOR="Red"]Map Initialization[/COLOR] For the Actions, we're going to use that variable I asked you to create.
  • [list=A][*]Event
  • [list][*]Map Initialization[/list]
  • [*]Actions
  • [list][*]Set SpellTextTime = 1.50
  • [*]That is the time the floating text ends.[/list][/list]
    • [IMG]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/skytainted/InitializeSpellSHowSystem.jpg[/IMG]
  • [*]For the second trigger, for the event, we're going to use the[COLOR="Red"] Unit- starts the effect of an ability[/COLOR]. For the actions, It's quite long so I'll just put up the picture of the first action.
  • [IMG]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/skytainted/FloatingText.jpg[/IMG]
  • It's okay if you don't put the "+!!" sign. For the [COLOR="Red"]second action[/COLOR], we're going to [COLOR="Red"]set the velocity of the Floating Text to 80.00 towards 90.00[/COLOR]. For the [COLOR="Red"]third[/COLOR] action, [COLOR="Red"]we change the last created special effect to disable permanence[/COLOR]. For the [COLOR="Red"]fourth (and last)[/COLOR] action, this action ends the floating text. We'll change it's life span to the spelltexttime seconds.
  • [list=A][*]Event
  • [list][*]Unit Starts the effect of an ability.[/list]
  • [*]Actions[list][*]Create a floating text of the ability being cast.
  • [*]Set the velocity of the last created floating text.
  • [*]Disable the permanence.
  • [*]Set the lifespan.[/list][/list]
  • [IMG]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/skytainted/SpellShowSystem.jpg[/IMG][/list]
  • [COLOR="Magenta"]CREDITS: underscore
  • Diehard@Azeroth[/COLOR][/plain][/hidden]