• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Spell resistant skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi! Is there a way to create a trigger/ability that makes a unit immune to spells, buffs, debuffs but not magic attacks?

Last edited:
Level 5
It supposed to be a custom race dragon but if it's not spell immune, buffs make it OP. I can make targeted buffs come off quickly but not area buffs. Spellcasters wasting mana on buff/debuff is another problem but area buffs are the biggest problem and I don't know if there's a trigger or ability that can make it disappear without manually listing every single one.

Level 5
The old anti magic shell might. If it doesn't make my unit immune to magic attacks, it can work.

Edit: I tested it, anti-magic shell is just a temporary version of spell immunity. Unless there's an option for it to allow magic attacks, it doesn't work.

Last edited:
Level 5
Hmm. What about making the Dragons a certain classification and make them invalid targets for all those spells?

At this point I'd be willing to do that but I don't know classification that's immune to spells. Mechanic probably the closest thing but it's still can take inner fire and such and this would I think also make the unit repairable.

Level 20
At this point I'd be willing to do that but I don't know classification that's immune to spells. Mechanic probably the closest thing but it's still can take inner fire and such and this would I think also make the unit repairable.
If the option for non- exists in targets allowed, that classification might be useful. I am unsure if non-giant exist but if it does it should work. I dont think the classification giant has any special treatment by the game.

They are not immune to spells but you could set targets allowed on every spell to not allow targeting them, so it would basically be the same. Just a bit more work I guess.

Level 5
Hmm, now you brought classification up, building would be a solution although I'm not sure if there are spells that can mess up buildings (or if buildings can even trained as units). Dragonhawks may able to cloud them, preventing them from attacking.

Level 5
Turning it into building somehow still leaves it buffable. And since it's a flyer, that puts the units on the ground :/

Level 20
The only okay-ish solution I found is to use Unit Classification - suicidal.
Then add non-suicidal to targets allowed.

That would however clash with any other suicidal units in the game like sappers and I have no idea what the classification suicidal does to the ai or other effects it may have on the game. One thing I do know though. Any units with the Cargo Hold ability wont be able to Load suicidal units but removing non-suicidal from Cargo Hold fixes that.

You can change the text that appears when trying to target a suicidal unit by changing the messages that are displayed in game interface.

So it would be kind of a gamble to do this, unless someone else has done it already and can confirm it works. You would not be able to use any default suicidal units in the game either.

Level 20
Yes what Ive been trying to say is that you then would also have to add non-suicidal to targets allowed in every spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.