• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SPELL REQUEST: RAVEN, VEXORIAN, DARKY, SHIGG! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4

Okay I need a spell.

Name: Purifying Seal
What it does: It creates a seal that lasts 20 seconds level one, and increases in time by 20 seconds per level (Every level +20 second timed life). The seal heals any nearby units for 100 health over 25 seconds, (+100 health each level up). If an enemy unit is in the seal when it is created, it takes 50 damage, and 2 for every second it stays in it. Each level it increases the damage it does by 10. Try to balance it please!

Also if you can, post how I could make it, so I can give it a go!

Level 9
Well, you've been here for a while; I thought that you'd know. Go into preferences. There's a field for it. Then, make a healing aura spell. Under the field that contains the amount healed, put a "-" sign in front of the value. Sometimes it can be a little stubborn, so you have to hold down the shift key. Hope that helps.

~The_Raven

Level 4
how can I make it so once the seal is gone, a unit comes out of it?

This is what I put and it doesn't work.

Events: A Unit Dies
Conditions: Or. Unit = Purifying seal 1,2 or 3.
Actions: Create Special Effect at position of dying unit
Wait 1.3 seconds
Destroy last created effect.
Create 1 Guard of the Seal
wait 3.00 seconds.
Do nothing

Level 4
Now that I am working on a new spell.... I'm gonna need help again... I'm pathetic?

Anyways here how it is.

Arcane Barrage
Based off Cluster Rockets, my problm is that I want it so units hit by the Arcane Barrage are drained to 15% of their current mana. please post the EXACT triggers I need to do this :(.

I'm off to wait for a reply!

Level 11
Drained means that the units lose mana or give it to caster? If it is the first stuf, umm... Use "Unit - Set Mana" and set the mana using an arithmetic formula. The formula would be "(Mana of (Picked uit) - ((Mana of (Picked Unit))*0.15)). It works as long as you find the stuff for the formula. Look always at unit and you will find it.

Btw, I'm making a spell which creates the triade from "Charmed" and it's getting on my nerves. I didn't start to work very much with geometrical expressions and I have no idea how to use the "Arccosine" and so on stuff which are obviously needed to make the symbol. Hopefully I'll succeed ^_^. Good luck.

Level 4
Still got problems... I need a better explanation...

Like This:

Events:
??????

Conditions:
???????

Actions:
???????

Anything that can help is useful.

Level 9
@Daelin
Triade? I don't know that shape. Could you post a picture? If its what I'm thinking of, then I think that I know how to draw it.

@Taokuw00ta
Events:
Unit starts effect
Conditions:
Ability being cast is equal to XXX
Actions:
Set mana of (target unit) to formula.

~The_Raven

Level 11
Umm... Taokuw00ta, if you want to make spells learn those. They are the bases... :lol: And btw, I apologize for getting over you with my own question. I didn't mean to but it just came like this.

Raven... I draw it and I'm now scanning it. The problem is that I have no idea how to work with arccosine and so on formulas (Which obviously I know would go in fors with an increased variable value). It's sounds noobish but this is the reality. Now, getting straight, I made the triade into a circle, the circle representing the AoE (depending on it...). Also it is a little bit fatter but it might work because you know the main idea, right? Here is the link... I updated it on fanart. http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Art&ID=520&sid=f7d6fccffe727782359c45422f86b158 Hope you can help...[/img]

Level 11
Umm... Taokuw00ta, if you want to make spells learn those. They are the bases... :lol: And btw, I apologize for getting over you with my own question. I didn't mean to but it just came like this.

Raven... I draw it and I'm now scanning it. The problem is that I have no idea how to work with arccosine and so on formulas (Which obviously I know would go in fors with an increased variable value). It's sounds noobish but this is the reality. Now, getting straight, I made the triade into a circle, the circle representing the AoE (depending on it...). Also it is a little bit fatter but it might work because you know the main idea, right? Here is the link... I updated it on fanart. http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Art&ID=520&sid=f7d6fccffe727782359c45422f86b158 Hope you can help...

Level 4
Onto spell #3.... Magic Blade Barrier.

Based off Frost Armor.

Basically all I want is that if a unit is attack under the effects of Blade Barrier, the attacker becomes stunned, but only if they are melee. But if it's too hard if only melee can hurt it under the effects, then ranged can be too.

And the Ultimate.

Hyper Tension, Based Off Frenzy. Made into a hero spell.

I need to know how to give a hero an ability, but make it so the player can't see the new ability. If they still can, I guess it's still okay, but it would look better. The more important question is, if I use the Trigger: Remove Ability, the next time he casts the spell will he still be able to recieve it?

Events: Unit casts a spell
Conditions: Spell equel to: Hyper Tension
Actions: Add Ability: Hype Tension Vamp Aura to casting unit, wait 25 seconds, remove Hype Tension Vamp Aura to casting unit.

I wanna know if he casts the spell again, if he can get the Tension Vamp Aura Back (the editor says in most cases the removal is permanent)

This might as well be the official Help Taokuw00ta topic. lol.
:D 8) :shock: :p

Level 11
Umm... still didn't get it Raven. Sorry, I'm very noob at making shapes and stuff with small models and lights. I have no idea how to make it, please try and explain more accurate.

Tao... Let's take them one by one.

Magic Barrier (Whatever...): You obviously base it on Frost Armor and give a special buff. Now, make a trigger witht his form:

Event - An unit is attacked
Conditions - Attacked unit has Yourbuff
Actions - Create a dummy unit [note: dummy unit should obviously have no collision, be invisible, have locust and have the skill for stun... Hurl Boulder with no damage should do it]
- Order (last created unit) to Neutral - Hurl Boulder (Attacking Unit)

I wonder if this causes any lags or blockades though I doubt. If you make the dummy properly so it's not trackable on map, doesn't cost food and isn't a worker plus the stuff above there should be absolutely NO problem. I tried it ;). You can also check if the position of the attacked unit is within 100 of position of (Casting Unit) for main melee because melee units tend to have this range. Is there another way Raven for the ranged stuff?

For the second one I don't really get it. Some said that you could make that skill an item skill or base it on an item skill. It should make it invisible but I don't know if it really works on not. And you can also increase the movement and attack speed yourself through triggers for the attacking unit and then just set it back (obviously will not be usable for more than one unit per player if you don't use JASS) to the original speed. Moreover, you can add the unit to an unit group and make another trigger which is activated every 1 seconds of the game as long as the group is not empty. It picks every unit in the ground and reduces it's current life by 4 or whatever. In this case you need NO SKILL to give and it's the most practical way. It may cause some bugs though, never tried it again.

Level 4
I decided the change my last spell into something else completely. But after testing I have have problems with spell #1 & #3

Arcane Barrage still isn't taking away ANY mana from enemy units, and Magic Blade Barrier Is only stunning one unit! I.E. 3 units attack the barriered units at the same time, only one gets stunned. I did what u said Daelin. Before you told me to use a dummy caster, I just used
-----------------
A unit is attack
Unit has my buff
Pause attacker
wait
unpause.
------------------
That didn't work, because a unit would stop their attack completely, basically making it an invinciblity shield... which is not what I want. Anyway, It's fine you brang your own question in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.