• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell request [Disease cloud]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'll be requesting this spell called disease cloud Gui please :)
Contents:
1.Spell name
2.Tool tips
3.Rough statistics
4.Spell main frame

Plague of enervation

Creates a plague over a small radius that causes all units to receive a buff.
if the unit is hit, his max life points are reduced to the damaged life points, the units max hitpoints will continuously reduce as long as he has the buff, lasts for a short duration, units are slown for a short duration.

Gui
Number of levels
Area of effect
150/185/200/245/275
Duration
8/10/12/14/16
Targeting type
Area targeting
Targets hit
organic, enemy
Mana cost
145/160/170/185/200
Slow rate
15%/25%/35%/40%/40%
Cooldown
90/80/70/60/55|

Initial cast area of a small aoe, creating a blast, or any instant special effect like thunder clap, warstomp etc. at the target point, units affected get a buff also placing an effect on them of any lasting type like disease cloud, the units will be slown by the specified amount, as the units life gets reduced through damage so does their life points follow,
Ex:
footman: 450 hp has buff disease
Footman hit by storm bolt
has his life points reduced by 150 equaling to 300/450
due to the fact he has the disease buff on him, his maximum hitponts is reduced to 300/300,
the footman is damaged further this time by a finger of death,
having his hit points reduced even more from 300/300 to 100/300.
so his maximum hitpoints will now be set to 100.
after a few seconds disease wears off, returning his hitpoints all the way back to his original which is 450/450

A rough explanation but thorough,
Credits,rep will be given if wanted :)

Level 37
Now that is one well written spell request :cool:

The trouble with this is that there's no way to set unit's max HP to a value that is not pre-set as far as I know.

One needs to create an ability with 1000+ levels to be able to cover every single hit point.

One can create an ability with 10 levels that reduces max HP by 100 per level, but that would be kind of rough solution to what you want to accomplish.

So there's no

Real_Variable = <damage taken>
Unit - set max HP to (<max HP of unit> - Real_Variable)

There's only
Real_Variable = <damage taken>
If 200 >damage taken>100
then set level of ability for triggering unit to 2.

And lvl 2 ability reduces max HP by 100.

So to my knowledge, you need to re-think that max HP reduction part.

Level 8
If I understood this right, you want to reduce the max HP of the unit equal to the damage he receives, and then after some time to restore his max HP, while leaving damage he received? Footman has 450, he got struck twice, leaving his HP to 100/100. And at the end he will have 100/450?

Level 7
I might have to change the spell a bit,

not sure if this is a double post, whats the intervals to count a double post?

Level 37
Well, there's the 48 hour rule for bumping a thread. Anyway, I also think you need to change the max HP reduction somehow. Like make it work so that while the unit is under the effect of the spell, it gets a periodical max HP reduction per second, 50 per second for 8 seconds for a total of 400 reduction. Then the max HP reduction ability only has to have 8 levels.

Or when you're hit, your max HP gets reduced by 50, max reduction being around 4-500.

Something like that.

Level 7
Maker hehe maker, i believe the 2nd one would be the closest to the effect if possible to make.

Level 37
BOOYAHH!

Here we go! I made it! You now lose life equal to the amount of damage taken. It may be a little laggy though. And there's the special effect that's hard-coded, can't get rid of it. I'll try to think of something. Meanwhile, check out the spell:

EDIT: Updated, a bit less lag.

Attachments

• Plague of Enervation.w3x
    30.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Level 8
BOOYAHH!

Here we go! I made it! You now lose life equal to the amount of damage taken. It may be a little laggy though. And there's the special effect that's hard-coded, can't get rid of it. I'll try to think of something. Meanwhile, check out the spell:

EDIT: Updated, a bit less lag.

Well good idea, but creating that much items really causes to much lagg :p. Imagine what would happen if more players use it at once. I know it's MUI but that's a lot of lagg. Also, I've found another bug: when using plague and damaging units it leaves the old HP bars all over the screen.

Level 37
Well good idea, but creating that much items really causes to much lagg :p. Imagine what would happen if more players use it at once. I know it's MUI but that's a lot of lagg. Also, I've found another bug: when using plague and damaging units it leaves the old HP bars all over the screen.

I only gave the man what he ordered :cool:

If he dislikes the lag, then we'll take another approach. Maybe it's for single player, and the lag is bearable.

I'm not experiencing excessive health bars. Unless someone else can confirm this, I don't consider it a bug.

Level 7
im gonna test it in a few minutes

Edit: ok tested, its great! and which effect is hard-coded....?
anyways if possible, can you make it a little less laggy? and cutting its usage to heroes only to limit the lag by half but if possible i still want it less laggy, else its great! I'll just stuff in the effects to add more.... stuff.

thanks maker for responding and a foreword test from shdw## although i haven't experienced the bar thing as much of a problem :)

Level 13
Maybe this idea helps you to make it less laggy:

Create 3 types of tomes:

1: 1 Hp per tome
2: 10 hp per tome
3: 100 hp per tome

Now split the received damage up:

(should be working similar to this)

Integer(StringFromPosition(1,1)"String(Damage))
(StringFromPosition hmm I don't remember the exact gui code :D)

Integer(StringFromPosition(2,2)"String(Damage))

Integer(StringFromPosition(3,3)"String(Damage))

So split up the damage into:

X * 100
X * 10
X * 1

and add the specific number of tomes.

So all in all the number of tomes added should be less :/

Level 12
Maybe this works? Haven't really tested it but...
JASS:
function LifeReduction takes nothing returns nothing
    local real r = GetUnitState(GetTriggerUnit(), UNIT_STATE_LIFE) - GetEventDamage()
    call SetUnitState(GetTriggerUnit(), UNIT_STATE_MAX_LIFE, r)
endfunction

Level 8
I only gave the man what he ordered :cool:

If he dislikes the lag, then we'll take another approach. Maybe it's for single player, and the lag is bearable.

I'm not experiencing excessive health bars. Unless someone else can confirm this, I don't consider it a bug.

Enable "Always Show HP bars" in the game options, use cloud, deal damage. And then start moving your mouse over the screen, and you'll see what I mean.

Level 37
Maybe this works? Haven't really tested it but...
JASS:
function LifeReduction takes nothing returns nothing
    local real r = GetUnitState(GetTriggerUnit(), UNIT_STATE_LIFE) - GetEventDamage()
    call SetUnitState(GetTriggerUnit(), UNIT_STATE_MAX_LIFE, r)
endfunction

I'll have to try that one too. It will be awesome if that works.

Enable "Always Show HP bars" in the game options, use cloud, deal damage. And then start moving your mouse over the screen, and you'll see what I mean.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Here's the updated map. A bit less lag again:

Attachments

• Plague of Enervation.w3x
    32.9 KB · Views: 46
Level 7
Thanks maker! its working now much more efficiently than the last one! (also thanking the others who might have contributed to the developing of the spell)

+ReP to everyone who replied and credits to maker :)

Status
Not open for further replies.