• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
This may sound kinda noob, but dont hate on me, im not really into spells in the first place.

I want to make some controls for a game, and i need more keys to use than just LEFT, RIGHT, UP, DOWN, and ESC. I want to be able to make ASDW keys to work. Sooo, i attempted to do this by making 4 custom abilities on the spell Replenish. I named them (Move up, move down, move left, ect) and i added them to my unit player. Buttt the problem was, when i started the game and used a spell, they would all go off. I dont want them to all go off at the same time, lol. Im sure theres a better way to do this than to come up with 4 different instant spells. idk ; / i would hope some of you would try to help.

And dont just say "Why not just use the arrow keys?", im using those for different controls, you turds.

Level 28
Change the spell ID of the spells, you can leave 1 the same, but if they all have the same ID, they will act like they are the same ability.

Let's say you've used wind walk:
Change the "Order String Use/On" to something else.
That way it acts like it's a different spell, but it remains an instant spell (even if the order string is Storm Bolt or something).

(I guess it's indeed easier than finding 4 instant spells, good luck :p)

Level 7
yea they still cast at the same time for me when i try it ; /, might only work for WE, dunno

Edit: oh haha, i didnt see that, nice, ty, ill try it now and see how it goes

Edit2: Well, not exactly what i wanted, lol, its not like a map or anything, it only works if you run the exe. i want it to be in my map to work with everyone, not just for one person who downloads it ;p.

Status
Not open for further replies.