• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quick Trigger Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
my map has creeps which attack-move to a point. and occasionally spells mess them up and they go back to where they spawn. i cant seem to make a trigger that says:
if a unit is ordered to go to region (the spawn one) then
order unit to attack-move to target/goal.

im sure it exists and im just overlooking, could anyone help me out?

Level 14
Well you can just make a trigger that works so that when a unit enters the spawn region he is directed to go to the goal region:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit enters Spawn Region
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Issue (entering unit) to move to center of Goal Region
Also, make sure your creeps aren't Neutral Hostile because Neutral creatures have a camp distance which makes them go back to the place where they were spawned/put.

Level 5
that's essentially what i have. and my "creeps" are owned by players 11/12 (both comps) how can i change them to not be neutral cus i think that's the problem.

Level 5
its like a taunt skill that picks all creeps in an area and orders them to attack a unit which works fine, but if that unit dies and no one else is around to kill the creeps go back to spawn

EDIT: if i based it off taunt and changed that one around some would it mess with the attack-move to goal trigger?

Level 14
Well, Taunt can be pretty messy, especially in Hero Defense/TD games. If you really want to keep the taunt either add a trigger that will make the units move to the Goal every second or so or add a tower that fires invisible 1-1 damage missiles very fast with a huge range so it will keep the creeps moving. There might be a better way but I honestly don't know/can't think of it now.

Level 5
yeah cus i did have a every x seconds order them to attack move to goal but then it kept messing up with who had all the hate of the mob and they would turn and take 1 step to the goal, (looked dumb)

isnt there a trigger that i can do of "if they arent attack moving to the goal, then tell them too?"

also taunt has the same problem about when the unit dies they go back.

Level 14
Like I said I can't really think up of a better solution now. Either exclude the taunt or add an invisible tower with invisible missiles that has 1-1 damage, very fast rate of fire, huge range and set it to be owned by the main player(probably red).

Level 14
Well, if you are using Attack - Move to, that states that the unit should Move to the designated region and Attack everything that gets in their way. But I'm not sure about the tower, even if you add invulnerability to it, it still might bug the creeps.

Level 5
i have an idea:
is there a trigger to see if a unit has no target and no action? if so, what if i made them neutral passive and when spawn tell them to attack the goal. if taunt is used they will attack him. if the hero dies will they still go back to spawn or will they just sit there? which i can have a trigger that goes off every few seconds if a creep has no target, tell him to attack move to goal.

Level 14
problem with my attack move is when i use the taunt like skill and change their target. then if their target dies, they have no target and go back to their spawn.
Yeah, I get it, you don't need to say it every time you make a post.

i have an idea:
is there a trigger to see if a unit has no target and no action?

I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.