• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Question - Quick Response Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Alright, in the WE, I have a custom spell off of storm bolt. Now, the buff for the stun is called Stunned (Paused). I go to buffs and find Stunned (Paused). Now here's where I have a question. Where do I go to modify the stun period? Because it's not in the spell, and it's not under Stunned (Paused)... it just shows the name and attatchments and stuff like that. I also don't want just 1 number for stun, I want different ones for lvl 1 of the spell, 2, 3, etc...

Mind telling me? I'm really confused and frustrated.

Level 11
I didn't really get the every level stuff but changing the stun duration is actually into the field of Duration. You will see a field with the name Duration or something similar. Change that field's value to how much you want the stun to last. But keep in mind that setting its value to 0 will make it last forever.

~Daelin

Level 9
Dragon_Lord said:
Alright, I got that down. Now, I added poison damage as a buff. How do I change the amount of poison damage dealt?

Well you cannot. What you have added is just a poison damage buff to the customized storm bolt ability. There is no appropriate data field for that thing and purpose. :D

Level 11
Buffs have nothing to do with damage. When will you understand? Just because you give a Faerie Fire buff to... Slow, won't decrease the armor. Buffs are only to show the effect of the spell on the downpart of the unit and for the model which is attached to the unit so it know what spell affects it. There is a Data - Initial Damage or something like that into the Shadow Strike spell. Search for it.

~Daelin

Level 5
Alright, I understand that. But how can I actually get poison damage into my spell? I've got my spell already set up; it stuns, I set it's damage, cooldown, manacost etc... I just need to add poison damage to it. How can I do it? Because I don't want to have to use both my spell and Shadow Strike... because that would be uncomfterable for the player.

So please tell me, how can I get poison damage into my existing spell?

Level 11
I'm afraid you will have to use dummy unit. It's the only way. Create an unit with 999999 mana, 0.00 collision, Locust ability, None.mdl model, 0 food cost. Make sure it is not a worker. Remove shadow, attacks and set movement speed to 0. Now let's go to the spells. You will still need a Shadow Strike ability but make it with 1 level, and unit ability. Get its stats to whatever you want. Now go back to your unit and add this ability to it.

And for the triggers:

Event - An Unit Starts the effect of an ability
Condition - Ability being cast equal To YourAbility
Actions - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting Unit)) at Position of (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast)
- Set 1.25 seconds expiration timer to (Last Created Unit)
- Order (Last Created UNit) to Night Elf - Warden - Shadow Strike (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast)

You might have to switch the "Starts the effect of an ability" to "Finishes casting an ability". Experiment which is the best.

~Daelin

Level 5
Hey, I did all that. It works like a charm, except for one thing. I made a unit with 10000 life to check how much damage it did... the spell was supposed to deal 500 damage. Instead, it killed the unit with 1 hit. What happened???

Status
Not open for further replies.