• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stun CHain

Status
Not open for further replies.

stu

stu

Level 3
Is there a way to get my chain lighting to stun without JASS? i added the stun, and stun(pause) buffs to the spell and increased the duration, but to no avail. I then attempted to change storm bolt to target chained enemies... this also ended in failer, as i couldnt create or change fields such as Stats-data- number of targets and such... i would imagin this is a simple problem....thanks so much for any help

Level 7
Well just changing buffs won't result in a chain stun. To do this you will need to trigger it. I suggest just going the easy way and using Vexorians excellent template for chain effects. Or just use GUI and make it yourself, its not really hard, there are already several chain type spells made and uploaded

stu

stu

Level 3
can you suggest a template? and do you mean use the trigger system to acheive this?

Level 1
Create a invisible caster CCC with bounce attack. Order CCC to attack-once the target.
Then create a trigger TTT. TTT's event is that any unit is attacked. action is stun~~

stu

stu

Level 3
Thanks so much guys... i was just needing that intial push in the right direction. i have also started to look at the jass stuff (im a Computer Science Engineer major), so it doesnt look to bad. This should help speed my mod along, and although many people may not see this, im usuing alot of the models and skins from this site

Level 11
And as for JASS, I have a nice suggestion. Try look at the FAQ in this section. You will see that there is a link to my tutorial. It should give you a brief introduction. But if you are a Computer Science Engineer (how old are you btw?) which IMO is wow, you shouldn't have a problem with JASS. I am really interested in computer programming but I don't have a source to learn cool stuff..

~Daelin

stu

stu

Level 3
Im only 19, but i have taken many programing classes, mainly C++ and Perl (junoir at University of Kentucky), and the linking of the two................... as far as JASS goes i looked at it, looks easy enough...This is all actuallly for an Elements mod for WC3 (anyone rember that for Starcraft?), and StunChian was jus the basic problem. I can make spells like that now thanks to your help, im currently working on a Spell that Adds Imolation damage to any enemy unit (does damage to them and anyone around)... the effect was easy.. however i am attempting to get the move to look similar to the version of this on Tides of Blood.... the dummy unit wont follow the target unit however, so my locust just sit there.... If you want some basic C++ code and a good compiler i can help you out just let me know

Level 4
for an immolation burn cast to another target couldnt you just modify the lightning shield spell to have the immolation visual?

stu

stu

Level 3
the idea is for the visual (i have the actual spell as in damage working), the locust (cyptlord cast them), to chase and swarm around the target, that the part i cant get. I can get them to swarm on a dummy unit, however i cant get that dummy unit to chase the target

Level 4
oh ok, i think i misunderstood :D

that way would look alot sweeter anyways

:idea: have you tried setting it up that it is an actual duration effect to follow the target?
hmm.. hard for me to understand myself now :wink: - what i mean is like setting up the spell effect to swarm, and then having it kind of like attach itself to the unit (maybe lightning shield w/ effect of the swarm?)
I've never tried anything exactly like that, but anytime i wanted to make a spell that follows and deals dmg I've always used lightning shield with increased/decreased radius and a change in the effect... :lol:

GL

edit: btw I've never used jass so that wouldnt be an issue with what I'm speaking of doing(as far as i know)...

stu

stu

Level 3
The problem with haveing the unit locust attack the target is the fact that there attack animation is like them just hovering... so i try to assign them to swarm a dummy unit then have that dummy unit chase the target... it hasnt worked yet but there has to be a way..

Handlers huh? have to take a look at that

The only other spells that might give me some issues are:

ICE... i would like to give him an ultimate based of the spell on this website called TheFrozenThrone.. however i will need to add levels and would like it to deal damage

HOLY...im gonna try to give him a move called humber... that on first level halfs HP and MP of units around, second 1/3 it, and last puts both to 10 (or something low)

another move for fire was a move that just did pillar of fire, only for a very long time... however since i dont know how to adjust the animation, it looks like i will just have to make a dummy unit contiuously cast it.... which wont look as cool

The current elements are Rock, Fire, Ice, Water, Undead, Forest, Lightning, Air, and Holy.. and i used mainly skins abnd models from this site

stu

stu

Level 3
The problem with haveing the unit locust attack the target is the fact that there attack animation is like them just hovering... so i try to assign them to swarm a dummy unit then have that dummy unit chase the target... it hasnt worked yet but there has to be a way..

Handlers huh? have to take a look at that

The only other spells that might give me some issues are:

ICE... i would like to give him an ultimate based of the spell on this website called TheFrozenThrone.. however i will need to add levels and would like it to deal damage

HOLY...im gonna try to give him a move called humber... that on first level halfs HP and MP of units around, second 1/3 it, and last puts both to 10 (or something low)

another move for fire was a move that just did pillar of fire, only for a very long time... however since i dont know how to adjust the animation, it looks like i will just have to make a dummy unit contiuously cast it.... which wont look as cool

The current elements are Rock, Fire, Ice, Water, Undead, Forest, Lightning, Air, and Holy.. and i used mainly skins abnd models from this site

Status
Not open for further replies.