• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can u detect units hit by a bounce spell? Chain Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've been wanting to make a few custom spells based of chain lightning.

Such as a chain lightning that stuns, casts a buff etc.

How can I make the editor detect the units?

thx

Level 12
No, no new patch. My spell for the Spell Contest. Chain Lighting target detection, and it works really good :twisted: . Don't steal it!

Have you noticed that Chain Lightning ignores missile art but Ray of Disruption does not? You can choose whatever model you want for Ray of Disruption and it works perfectly. If only Chain Lightning did the same...

Level 12
No you have to get the closest unit exactly the same time as Chain Lightning bounces to a new target. And of course make it stop if there are no units to be found in the radius.

Another thing to notice. Have you tried to make Chain Lightning bounces to enemies and allies? I tried yesterday and it can never bounce to allies but it can use allies as first target. Same for Healing Wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.