• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok now I have 2 problems here:
Firstly, tooltips, I make a tooltip and then when I test the map warcraft makes up its own random tooltip (see below for an example of this). I have encountered this problem at least twice and have NO idea why it would happen.

Some examples of the tooltips it might give me:
JASS:
'[
on9o@SI
<HT

While the actual code looks like:
JASS:
Heals a target friendly non-mechanical wounded unit for <A00F,DataA1> hit points.

The second problem is with the spell "Blizzard", I made a spell based of that and it does not even use any triggers but I have set the waves to 60 (yes its alot but its for weather) and then when I create the dummy unit to cast blizzard, it only creates 3 waves. However when I give myself a dummy unit, it works normally.

Level 4
I use regular World Editor with the JASS NewGen Pack (so I use the tooltip tool thing that comes with it). But apart from that its just...basic World editor :p

Level 4
@ Day Elven: Incase you dont know about the NewGen pack it works similar to how a plugin would. So it just adds on to the world editor and is not a separate program.

@scorpion182: Possible, would a 60 wave blizzard take longer than 80 seconds though?

Status
Not open for further replies.