• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Auto Fill Raw Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
When in the spell editor there are brackets with things like <AHtb,DataA1>. My problem with these is they do not change the data they display in the tooltip i assign them to. instead they show the data for the original data.

I was wounding if it was possible to make this display the correct data or do i have to manly fill in every <> myself.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I assume you're using a custom ability? If you are, then you have to replace "AHtb", which is the raw code of the original ability, for the raw code of your new ability. The way it is, you are extracting values from the original ability, so they're not changing unless you've changed them.
To see raw codes, I believe you press "View" (in the upper tab) and then "display raw codes" or something similar. It's the option above "Sort objects by name".

Level 18
As I know Ctrl+D works too, to show the Raw Codes..

By the way there're also some commands for this.. when you're seeing the Raw Codes, the Spell/ Ability will have some too... so if you want to display the Damage values in the Tooltips, then use these Codes instead.. but it's similar built:

<AHtb,Dur1> - would show the Duration of some spell, the first part is for the Ability itself, the second for the stuff you want to show, it's possible for all kinda values, like Duration, Damage, % Chance, and so on.. but the command line will change a bit on some values for the Percentage Chance like 20% evasion you'll need to add a %, that means, that the value gets multiplied with 100. Would be something like this: <AHtb,Dur1,%>% (I just took Dur1 again, cause I don't know the raw code for the %change now)

Level 8
I have a similar problem; I have made a unit based on the Crypt Lord hero. His code is U000. I have view raw data switched on, but when I link certain things (particularly <U000,STR> and <U000,dmgplus1>) the tooltips display "0."

The raw code for the new unit is U000, the base unit is Ucrl, and the value I want is STR.

When I type <Ucrl,STR> it shows the correct number for the normal Crypt Lord's STR (26)
When I type <U000,STR> is shows 0 (should be 16)
When I type <U000:Ucrl,STR> it shows 0 (should be 16)

What's the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.