• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Spell Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello! I've created a spell for my map - Fire Curse, but when i cast it, nothing happens. I tried almost everything and nothing worked. If someone knows where it leaks, please tell me.
  • Fire Curse Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to |c00ff0303F|rire Curse
    • Actions
      • Set Spells_FC_Time = 5
      • Set Spells_FC_Caster = (Casting unit)
      • Set Spells_FC_Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Trigger - Turn on Fire Curse Detect Damage <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Fire Curse Loop <gen>
      • Trigger - Add to Fire Curse Detect Damage <gen> the event (Unit - Spells_FC_Target Takes damage)
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Cause Spells_FC_Caster to damage Spells_FC_Target, dealing (Spells_FC_Damage x 2.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Set Spells_FC_Point = (Position of Spells_FC_Target)
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (|c00ff0303 + (String((Spells_FC_Damage x 2.00)))) at TempPoint with Z offset 0.00, using font size SizeDealt, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 100.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 4.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Hide (Last created floating text) for (All players)
      • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (Player group((Owner of Spells_FC_Caster)))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Spells_FC_Point)
  • Fire Curse Detect Damage
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Spells_FC_Damage = (Spells_FC_Damage + (Damage taken))
  • Fire Curse Loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Spells_FC_Time = (Spells_FC_Time - 1)
      • Set Spells_FC_Point = (Position of Spells_FC_Target)
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (|c00ff0303 + (String(Spells_FC_Time))) at TempPoint with Z offset 0.00, using font size SizeDealt, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 100.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Hide (Last created floating text) for (All players)
      • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (Player group((Owner of Spells_FC_Caster)))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Spells_FC_Point)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Spells_FC_Time Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off Fire Curse Detect Damage <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions

Last edited:
Level 5
One thing that I can find wrong is that you are adding the Unit - Spells_FC_Target Takes damage to the Fire Storm loop trigger not the Fire Curse Detect Damage. Sec, still looking. Also you've put the floating text at the TempPoint instead of Spells_FC_Point. Hope it helps:)

Last edited:
Level 12
Omg i was so blind)) TempPoint is from damage detection system. I just copied the floating text actions and forgot to change the TempPoint into Spells_FC_Point. Hehe, funny. Anyway thank you, I don't need it to be MUI cuz i use this spell only for 1 hero, and no same heroes are in my map, or modes no coldown. +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.