• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell missile help (25% solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Help as you can/want

1- Launch dummy
I need to do this without bugs, i need that this "spell" can be usable a lot of times without bugs.
  • Launch unit
    • Event
      • Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    • Condition
    • Actions
      • Set variable - "Missiles" each unit of X type
      • Unit group - Pick every unit in Missiles group and...
        • Unit - Move Picked unit instantly to ((Position of Picked unit ) offset by 1.00 towards (Facing of Picked unit ) degrees), facing (Facing of Picked unit ) degrees
      • Custom script - Call DestroyGroup(udg_Missiles)
I have solved it with unit groups. but i now need to remove locations.
Is there a way these locations cuz there is multiples locations created i think.

2- Wall bounce
As it says, unit bounce with other units or regions or doodads (any its good) as a ball.
Example:
restitucion2.gif

3- Pacific but able to attack - solved by millzy
How to remove the "auto attack" from a unit, i want a unit able to attack but no hostile.
> Must be ordered to attack only - Can attack but only if is ordered

4- Remove HP bar
How to remove it without Locust ability.

-THANKS

Last edited:

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
You deal with multiple locations at the same time with multiple location variables. You can also use an array, if you prefer it.
location1 = position of unit
location2 = location1 with offset ...
remove location1
remove location2

instead of picking every unit of type (which leaks due to a GUI bug, if I recal correctly) you should use a permanent group called Missiles for example.
When a missile is created, you add it to the group, if it is removed, you remove it from the group. This way you don't havee to iterate through all units all the time.

I think there is a knockbback system, that has some kind of bouncing implemented.
This feature is probably difficult to achieve and I recommend doing it in JASS.

4. setting selection size to -1 could work, not so sure. Editing the model to move the ho bar so far up, so you can't see it could work too.
Basically you either need to find what changes the size of the bar and make it so its size is 0, or change its position, so it cannot be seen anymore. I don't think there is a "normal" way of doing it other than using locust.

Level 21
You deal with multiple locations at the same time with multiple location variables. You can also use an array, if you prefer it.
location1 = position of unit
location2 = location1 with offset ...
remove location1
remove location2

instead of picking every unit of type (which leaks due to a GUI bug, if I recal correctly) you should use a permanent group called Missiles for example.
When a missile is created, you add it to the group, if it is removed, you remove it from the group. This way you don't havee to iterate through all units all the time.

I think there is a knockbback system, that has some kind of bouncing implemented.
This feature is probably difficult to achieve and I recommend doing it in JASS.

4. setting selection size to -1 could work, not so sure. Editing the model to move the ho bar so far up, so you can't see it could work too.
Basically you either need to find what changes the size of the bar and make it so its size is 0, or change its position, so it cannot be seen anymore. I don't think there is a "normal" way of doing it other than using locust.
1- i didnt understood.
-I need a way to use the lauch unit multiple times or a system that deletes these multiples locaton.

2- lll seach on HIVE so.
4- Ill check it soon, im not in home currently.

Ty for answer :).

Status
Not open for further replies.