• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Spell Language

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Note: this is only my personal opinion.

I think that a new rule which should be added to the spells section is that the demo map MUST BE IN ENGLISH. It's not fun when you've downloaded a spell map, and evrything is written in some weird language you don't understand.

It can't really be a problem for someone to translate 5 tooltips or something like that to english.

- Blade.dk

NOTE: I only think this should apply to new spell maps, so some spell makers whcih posted their map in french or something like that won't be angry... :D

Level 13
First of all the main language should be english, though it's an international site, but we won't force anyone to speak in english. If someone's english isn't that good, he can try to ask in another language, he'll see if anyone answers. Though I'm from germany, I'll answer every german post (that's almost why I'm here). And there won't be any rule that forces a map-author to do his map in english. You don't need to play it, do you?

Level 12
DarkShadow hit the spot. It's not our fault that some don't speak English. I mean come on, this site was made by Darky, from Germany of course. Lots of Europeans visit, even Asians *points to himself*. So if you can't live with other languages, then don't even come near them.

Level 3
First of all the main language should be english, though it's an international site, but we won't force anyone to speak in english. If someone's english isn't that good, he can try to ask in another language, he'll see if anyone answers. Though I'm from germany, I'll answer every german post (that's almost why I'm here). And there won't be any rule that forces a map-author to do his map in english. You don't need to play it, do you?

Of course not... And I guess you're right... :?

Level 7
oz02 said:
Oh, and to clarify, Darky is swedish.

omg :shock: Swedish...? not with any offence but...
are you sure? his location is: Switzerland, not sweden.

and all living creatures in neighbor countries are... nwm...

of course it might be that swizerlanders are called also "swedish" if so I sincerely apologise.

Level 4
thats it. many ppl from all parts of this huge world thats interessed in WC3 (a game with great repercussions) come here: europeans, asiatics, africans, guys from australia and neighborhood (dont know the continent name in english) north americans and south americans (dont forget us!)

if u really want to discover the secrets this foreign language map hinders, guess u need to effort urself on learning it, or just give up. as u can note, the mods and super mods are of all parts of the world (canada, japan, switzerland...) so u just have to fit where u are, thats what internet yes, connecting ppl throughout the world

well the super mod up there just said it, its a multi-idioms site, so dont press. i think theres nothing to acrescent.

Status
Not open for further replies.