• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-=Spell Ideas Request by Paladon=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Hello again.
The work on my AoS project Shires at War [SaW] comes to an end soon, the BETA version is going to be released then.
I can post screenshots and more informations soon but let me first explain my request.

The only thing to do now is finishing every hero.
15/18 heroes are already totally complete.
The max. level is 20.
80/90 spells are done.
No spell is used twice.
Every hero has 5 different spells.

There are 3 "normal" abilities, they have 5 levels each, and you can learn them when you are level 2 or higher.
Reaching level 6 allows you to learn your first ultimate spell, 3 levels.
Reaching level 20 (max) allows you to learn the second ultimate spell, 1 level.

The three "normal" abilities consist of two active spells and one passive spell.
The first active spell is always oriented to deal damage in any way.
The second active spell may be offensive or defensive, mostly a spell that deals damage but not as directly than the first one.
(Read the hero examples below to understand it better^^)
The third spell is always passive and may has an offensive or defensive effect depending on the other first spells.
If the both other spells are very offensive, this spell should be more defensive oriented.

The first ultimate has 3 levels, you can learn the first level of the spell when you reach level 6.
This spell may should be active, and is mostly a mix of an offensive part and a defensive effect. The emphasis depends on the three "normal" spells.

The last learnable spell may be active OR passive, offensive OR defensive, mostly furnished with superb effects.

Every spell is hopefully unique, of course triggered, NO simple effects.
I dont copy spells from other bnet maps.
If theres any spell explicit used for another map, i wont take over that one.

This means: Dont suggest any DotA spells or some *** like that.
Firstly, they are already explicit used and known.
Secondly, most of them are simple low quality.

So what i need are some good ideas for high quality spells. It is a strange coincidence that every now shown passive "normal" spell is an aura.
This passive spell may also work only on the hero.
--------------------------------------------------------
The first hero to complete is the Druidess[Int].
She uses the sorceress model with the following skin: Druidess by Leopard
She is finished now, thank you.

(1)
This spell is called Magical Birds. Summons 5 birds from the sky which fly around the caster. Each bird deals some damage per second to nearby enemies. While theyre flying around her, the druidess can send them to a targeted enemied unit to let them explode upon contact (deals damage of course).

(2)
This is simply called Roots. The Druidess plants a netting of roots at the target location. The roots last some seconds depending on the level. They are only visible to enemies one second after plantation. After this they turn invisible. Each enemied unit standing above the roots has a chance per 1/2 second of some percent to get rooted. This deals minor initial damage but roots only a random time between a half and a three quarter second. Units can be rooted more than one time.

(3)
Its called Seedling Aura. There is a chance (only if there are some nearby trees) to spawn a seedling next to a tree which grows up. Its time to become grown up depends on how much allied and enemied units are near.
If the seedling is grown up (takes not less than 3 seconds and not more than 10) it becomes a little treant fighting for the druidess. The treant lasts not more than 20-30 seconds.

(4)
Got a nice spell idea via PM, thx.
The spell is called Vitriolic Venom.
Works fine, already made.

(5)
Its called Emerald Rain. The Druidess targets an area and summons a green, odoriferous rain there. The rain heals allied units per second depending on their current hp and let some special trees spawn. The Seedling Auras chance to spawn a seed at one of these trees is three times higher than normal and their seeds grow faster (This spell isnt channeling^^). When the rain stops after some seconds (forgot how much, sry) the summoned trees die and the seedlings are going to become treants.

The second hero to complete is the Phantom of Destiny[Agi].
She uses the sylvanas model with a skin made by me( a bit looking like this sylvanas with bloody runes).
She needs three spells.

(1)
----
(2)
Rain of Death
Shoots an arrow shrouded by evil energy into the sky which splits into a rain of deathly arrows, each arrow deals # damage.
~By BlackShogun~
----
(3)
----
(4)
----
(5)
Destiny Swap
Creates a beam of green life force between the target enemy and the Phantom of Destiny, dragging them together, through and past each other until they stand in each other's original positions (do this at quite a fast rate though), and their Health and Mana percentage is swapped.
-if you can: make their health/mana percentages change over time as they swap positions
-dont forget to turn off colision if u use this spell :p otherwise could end up a mess
-i thought this would look more awesome for a "second ultimate" and would emphasise the fact that their destinies have swapped
~By BlackShogun and dark fyre~

The third hero to complete is the Arch Templar[Str].
He uses the contested model: Angel by Expresso/Tranquil
Important: I may change the model.
He needs the second "normal ability" ,5 levels, and his first ultimate spell, 3 levels.
(1)
This spell is called Orb of Light (Channeling). The Arch Templar starts to collect light particles and forms an orb out of them. Enemied units within a growing AoE of the orb become blinded , causing them to have a chance to miss on attacks. With each light particle collected the orb grows and grows until either the Arch Templar stops channeling or the orb is big enough. If one of this conditions is fulfilled the orb will be released to the desired destination. Enemied units in his path are damaged depending on the size of the orb, friendly units gain an improved life regeneration for some seconds, likewise depending on the orbs size.

(2)
A glowing ring expands from the Templar damaging and pushing away all undead units it comes into contact with.

(3) This passive aura hasnt a name yet. This aura is only active during the day. There is a small chance that an allied unit receives a holy blessing. This blessing heals a percentage amount of life, depending on the current life of the unit, its damage and armour, and damages nearby enemied units for the amount healed.

(4)
Need an idea for this.

(5)
This spell is called Martyr. Its a passive spell. Whenever the Arch Templar receives damage, all his allies around him will be healed by a maximum of 30% of the damage dealt to him. This depends on what kind of damage it was, for example spelldamage heals a lesser amount.
If the Arch Templar dies, all allied units around him receive a boost of enthusiasm, improving slightly their damage, attackspeed and health regeneration. This boost effect has a cooldown, the heal effect hasnt.

The last hero to complete is the Samurai Bear[Str].
He uses this skin by Black Stan.
He already has the two offensive "normal" abilities.

(1)
This spell is called Slammed Roll. The bear rolls up to a frightful ball, crushing through the enemied masses to the desired destination dealing damage and knocking them back. After he reached the targeted position he stands up but slithers some meters more.

(2)
This one is called Eruption. The bear slams the earth with his stone sending a subterrestrial impulse to the targeted point (Visible).
When the impulse reaches the target the impulse erupts from the earth throwing all enemies in an AoE into the air dealing damage to them and knocking them back.

(3)
Concentrated Chi
The samurai bear concentrates his inner Chi, preparing for the enemy to strike. The Samurai Bear instantly counters the next attack made against absorbing all the damage and returning 100% of it to the enemy aswell as stunning them for # seconds
-i really would have liked to say knockback instead of stun but you said that was a nono :gg:
~By BlackShogun~
---
(4)
cant think of a good description. but the idea is the samurai bear jumps and rolls into a ball and continuously slams down(bounces) at random locations close to where he originally cast the spell, dealing aoe damage where ever he lands. Higher levels could simply increase the number of bounces, possibly damage too. Each slam could also possibly have a stun effect or effects like thunderclap.
~By BlackShogun~
---
(5)No Knockback if possible.
---

Useful suggestions will be rewarded. If you have further questions post here or pm me.

LINK TO THE MAP PRESENTATION

Last edited:
Level 30
1) Thanks for the suggestion.
2) This spell doesnt match to a single hero presented above.
3) I already made a spell with a similar effect, other appearence but the spell includes something like this "blade tornado". Doesnt matter, simply look at 2).
4) I can modify that spell for you to something like the "blade storm".
5) Damn 4) is nice.

EDIT: You need it GUI right?
2nd EDIT: Heres your (GUI) Blade Storm Spell. Still remains my request.

Attachments

• Paladons Spells (Blade Storm).w3x
    84.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Level 19
here it is could be cool

it makes all units in 1000 i think time stoped and make a col effect on the archer look :D or the unit who use it :p

btw ur spell was awesome can i change how fast they gona move when its casted?

Attachments

• Elven Strength.w3x
    11.8 KB · Views: 73
Level 5
Phantom of Destiny

1>Shadow Drain
(Channeling spell)
Tears away the shadows of nearby enemy units and absorbs them, dealing periodic damage and restoring a percentage of the damage to the caster.
-could create dummy units over nearby enemies and have them cast death coil on the caster, assuming the Phantom of Destiny is undead? using the destroyer's missile art (looks like a shadow)

2>Rain of Death
Shoots an arrow shrouded by evil energy into the sky which splits into a rain of deathly arrows, each arrow deals # damage.
-somewhat like scattershot

3>Soul Harvest
(Passive ability)
Gives a percentage chance when killing an enemy for it's soul to be harvested and bound by the Phantom of Destiny, bound souls do not pass on to the after-life but stay in the mortal realm, fighting for the Phantom of Destiny. Up to # souls can be bound at any one time, if the Phantom of Destiny dies, her hold over the souls is relinquished and they pass on to the after-life.

4>Not sure yet, i will post something here if i think of something
(first ultimate)

DARKE FYRE'S IDEA EDITED SLIGHTLY
5>Destiny Swap
Creates a beam of green life force between the target enemy and the Phantom of Destiny, dragging them together, through and past each other until they stand in each other's original positions (do this at quite a fast rate though), and their Health and Mana percentage is swapped.
-if you can: make their health/mana percentages change over time as they swap positions
-dont forget to turn off colision if u use this spell :p otherwise could end up a mess
-i thought this would look more awesome for a "second ultimate" and would emphasise the fact that their destinies have swapped

When you're maps done tell me, sounds awesome :grin: if you need people to help test aswell im in!

EDIT: LOL! i only just realised it was you that told Blaxor about my icon request! thanks again ^^

Last edited:
Level 30
Phantom of Destiny

1>Shadow Drain
(Channeling spell)
Tears away the shadows of nearby enemy units and absorbs them, dealing periodic damage and restoring a percentage of the damage to the caster.
-could create dummy units over nearby enemies and have them cast death coil on the caster, assuming the Phantom of Destiny is undead? using the destroyer's missile art (looks like a shadow)

2>Rain of Death
-somewhat like scattershot

3>Soul Harvest
(Passive ability)
Gives a percentage chance when killing an enemy for it's soul to be harvested and bound by the Phantom of Destiny, bound souls do not pass on to the after-life but stay in the mortal realm, fighting for the Phantom of Destiny. Up to # souls can be bound at any one time, if the Phantom of Destiny dies, her hold over the souls is relinquished and they pass on to the after-life.

4>Not sure yet, i will post something here if i think of something
(first ultimate)

DARKE FYRE'S IDEA EDITED SLIGHTLY
5>Destiny Swap

When you're maps done tell me, sounds awesome :grin: if you need people to help test aswell im in!
Some brilliant ideas, you recognized what im searching for.
EDIT: LOL! i only just realised it was you that told Blaxor about my icon request! thanks again ^^

Np^^
---------------------------
@ all: More spells please^^

EDIT: I would like to have a more archer-like passive spell^^

EDIT2: Added the last hero.

Last edited:
Level 5
I just noticed something kinda strange in the Arch Templar's spell description for Martyr, "If the Arch Templar dies, all allied units around him receive a boost of enthusiasm, improving slightly their damage, attackspeed and health regeneration." maybe you should change the description for this spell because i dont think his allies would be enthusiastic about his death :p a minor detail but gotta get them aesthetics right to make the map as good as possible! :D

Level 30
I just noticed something kinda strange in the Arch Templar's spell description for Martyr, "If the Arch Templar dies, all allied units around him receive a boost of enthusiasm, improving slightly their damage, attackspeed and health regeneration." maybe you should change the description for this spell because i dont think his allies would be enthusiastic about his death :p a minor detail but gotta get them aesthetics right to make the map as good as possible! :D

Youre right xD

Level 5
Samurai Bear

3>Concentrated Chi
The samurai bear concentrates his inner Chi, preparing for the enemy to strike. The Samurai Bear instantly counters the next attack made against absorbing all the damage and returning 100% of it to the enemy aswell as stunning them for # seconds
-i really would have liked to say knockback instead of stun but you said that was a nono :gg:
-perhaps not defense orientated enough?

4>(cant think of a name)
cant think of a good description either! but the idea is the samurai bear jumps and rolls into a ball and continuously slams down(bounces) at random locations close to where he originally cast the spell, dealing aoe damage where ever he lands. Higher levels could simply increase the number of bounces, possibly damage too. Each slam could also possibly have a stun effect or effects like thunderclap.
-Just thought it would look really flashy(and funny xD) and kind of says "this is an ultimate" :cute:

Level 30
Samurai Bear

3>Concentrated Chi
-perhaps not defense orientated enough?

This is a good idea, i may think about that with the knockback ^^

4>(cant think of a name)
cant think of a good description either! but the idea is the samurai bear jumps and rolls into a ball and continuously slams down(bounces) at random locations close to where he originally cast the spell, dealing aoe damage where ever he lands. Higher levels could simply increase the number of bounces, possibly damage too. Each slam could also possibly have a stun effect or effects like thunderclap.
-Just thought it would look really flashy(and funny xD) and kind of says "this is an ultimate" :cute:

If he uses this ability, he cant cancel it. How should he? Hes jumping around but cant cast any cancels. The idea is good, but i dont like to use it for now.

Level 5
Only thing i can think of is if he is invulnerable whilst he is doing it, then there wont really be a need to cancel?

although saying that i did just think of something, you can trigger a "cinematic skipped" as a cancel for it? and seeing as Esc is the normal hotkey to hit for a spell cancel, it should work quite well xD

but dont worry if you just dont like it, i wont cry :cry: lol

Level 15
Phantom of Destiny
(1)
Destiny Spirit: Summons a Destiny Spirit that chases the target. If the target is hit by the destiny spirit within 5 seconds, it will deal high damage. If the spirit does not hit the enemy within 5 seconds, the target will be damaged slightly instantly.
(3)
Destiny Peek
By peeking into the future, the hero is able to change her own destiny. Gives a % chance to avoid spells and a % chance to avoid death blows (attacks/spells that will kill you if you don't heal or something).
(4)
Destiny Board: A destiny board is summoned to decide the fate of those in it. By paying a random amount of hit points, the hero will deal random damage to nearby targets. Damage dealt is between Hit Points sacrificed and X. This skill can make you die.
Arch Templar
(2)
Divine Barrier: Summons a divine barrier around your hero, causing a % of the damage taken to be ignored. The barrier will also be able to reflect spells targetted at the hero back to their source but will break after reflecting a few spells. Ultimates and AoE spells cannot be reflected. Barrier lasts Y seconds.

(4)
Angelic Cross: Summons a angelic cross symbol on the ground, which starts from the center and starts to grow larger as time passes. The cross will heal any allied units standing on the cross and slow enemy units standing on it. When the cross symbol is completed, many angels will swoop down and attack any enemy units on the cross. Then the cross vanishes and heals allied units on the cross.
Samurai Bear
(5)
Spiral Dive Bomb (or something): The hero grabs the target unit and leaps into the air. The hero then puts its arms around the target and spins around like a spiral and slams the target into the ground. The target gets stunned, takes massive damage and become dizzy, losing its sense of direction and will move about randomly if ordered to move to a target point. Nearby units near the point of the dive will also take damage and get stunned.

I know the ideas suck but pls look at it :D

Level 23
didnt really bother thinking which heroes these would be on, just thought of some cool effects:

) channeled spell that steals life from all units in an area. good for killing creps but not much damage againist heroes. can be used to escape ( low hp -> full if many creeps )

) channeled DoT spell , preferably on a caster hero. no range limit.

) something that gives a buff that kills trees in front of caster and resurrects those after him/her... an escape spell

) negative knockback... something that pulls the target instead of pushing. possibly channeled or passive.

) buff that returns damage every time the unit is attacked. immolation visuals.

) wind walk with shadow strike instead of backstab damage

) aoe spell that deals damage and purges a unit from the area every second.

) polymorph that changes the target into a deer, giving 522 ms but removing attack/spells

) spell that gives 100% miss for a short duration

) spell that gives bonus damage and possible crit/bash but reduces ms and gives miss chance ( drunken brawler and drunken haze combined :cool: )

ill be happy if u use any of these xd

Level 30
Will use

(4)
Destiny Board: A destiny board is summoned to decide the fate of those in it. By paying a random amount of hit points, the hero will deal random damage to nearby targets. Damage dealt is between Hit Points sacrificed and X. This skill can make you die. I will modifiy it a bit.

And a mix of

(1)
Destiny Spirit: Summons a Destiny Spirit that chases the target. If the target is hit by the destiny spirit within 5 seconds, it will deal high damage. If the spirit does not hit the enemy within 5 seconds, the target will be damaged slightly instantly.
AND
1>Shadow Drain
(Channeling spell)

Level 5
wow, gna use destiny spirit and shadow drain combined!? i want to see what this makes! destiny spirit that steals the enemies health if it reaches them in 5 seconds and just does normal damage if it does not?

and that destiny board is awesome! when i read that spell the first thing that came to mind was "yes" :grin:
also had an idea to make the damage on this even more interesting, if you can, make it so that the maximum possible life drain is the caster's maximum health, but make it less likely that it will drain higher amounts of health. So rather than being totally random life drain it is more likely to drain a lower number than a higher number. BUT theres always a chance that it could drain all your hp, and deal insane damage to nearby enemies (as the damage was life drained+X), ofc dont make the minimum life drained 0, otherwise the most likely outcome would be that it drains no life ^^

and use that Spiral Dive Bomb, or some variation of it, like throws the enemy in the air, jumps up grabs them, spins and crashes them into the ground so hard that it causes stones to fly into the air and rain down at random points nearby each dealing damage in small area of effect.

EDIT: i feel bad cos this is the second time ive suggested variations of someone elses idea, so dont give credit for it to me at all just credit them cos otherwise its like im trying to steal their ideas >< lol

Last edited:
Level 5
Arch Templar

2> Turn Undead
A glowing ring expands from the Templar damaging and pushing away all undead units it comes into contact with.
-quite a traditional templar/paladin/cleric(etc) spell.
-knockback instead of the traditional fear as that would be hard to execute in wc3

4> Righteous Hammer
-don't exactly have a good idea for what this can do yet but im just thinking a spell involving a very large glowing magical hammer :p will edit when i think of a nice effect for it to have.

Level 15
I have no idea what spells are missing but.
Phantom of Destiny->
Passive: Chains of Destiny
Each attack chains the target to its destiny. Once its health become less then x, it will be killed and the Phantom of Destiny will be credited for the kill.

Pandaren Samurai->
Ultimate: Gaia Smash
The hero jumps into the air and dives down and smash the ground below it. The smash damages nearby units and stuns. It also causes shockwaves to fire outwards, then a ring of rocks form around the hero. The rocks prevent units form entering or exiting the area. The rocks will deal extra damage to those near them when they erupt from the ground.
Thats all I can think of :p

Level 15
Phantom of Destiny[Agi].
She needs three spells.

--------------------------

Immolated Death
Raises # burning skeletons(with perma-immolation ability) lasts # sec/min and uppon death they will explode and cause AoE dmg

Haunt Soul/Mind
shoots an arrow to the target enemy haunting it's soul/mind by dealing # damage and making him weaker but faster.

Wrath of the Past(or sumthing alike)
The hero enters in a rage mode, giving # main stat # damage and bringin to combat tortured comrads souls

Arch Templar
--------------------------------

Last Will
When the hero dies he will heal in AoE by # in # range all nearby allies.

Heaven's Illumination
Calls for a holy bolt from the heaven stunning all units in AoE for # seconds and damageing for #. If the hero is inside of the holy bolt AoE he will be blessed with a heavely buff.

Hope these help ^^

Level 5
Phantom of Destiny

Multiple ideas for 1> (yes theyre all called "Fate" - cos its freakin' awesome :thumbs_up:)

1>Fate
Seals the targets fate, placing a debuff on them that causes any damage they take for the next # seconds to be doubled
-this should probably last a very short amount of time lol

1>Fate
-this ones very similar to the previous
Seals the targets fate, dealing damage equal to the amount of damage they sustain over the next # seconds, after the # seconds.
-again, this should probably be a very short amount of time ^^

1>Fate
Intwines the targets fate with the Phantom's, causing the target to suffer #% of the damage that the Phantom takes (does not reduce damage against the phantom). Lasts # seconds.
-could take this a step further and make it so that if the phantom dies whilst the buff is on an enemy, that enemy dies and the phantom gets the credit. might be too overkill though

1>Fate
Intwines the fates of all units in the target area placing a debuff on the units, whenever a friendly unit with the debuff dies, all enemy units with the debuff will suffer # damage spread out between them (or just # damage per unit, whatever suits you lol). Debuff lasts # seconds.

and I have multiple ideas for 3>

3>Multi-Shot
Gives a chance when the Phantom attacks to shoot multiple arrows in a spray directed torwards the attacked enemy. Fires # missiles dealing # damage.

3>Impale
Gives a chance when the Phantom attacks to impale the target on the arrow, dragging it backwards and pinning it against the first enemy or obstacle it collides with, if it collides both the impaled unit and any unit it collides with will be pinned together for # seconds (basically a stun)

3>Flurry
Gives a chance when the Phantom attacks to fire a sudden burst of arrows at the target. Each arrow knocks the target back slightly, interupting their actions. Fires # arrows.
-knockback idea for this was only like 50-100, just so it kinda jolts the target.

and i thought 4> was gna be Destiny Board? but you haven't added it to the first post, so did you change your mind and need moar 4> ideas? or you just forgot? xD

EDIT:
Arch Templar

4>Heaven's Chorus
The Arch Templar floats up into the sky, and begins the Heaven's Chorus, a song of death and ascent into heaven that can only be heard by those who are already close to the end. Deals # damage to all enemy units in a wide area periodically, if at any time during the chorus a unit's health drops to 10% or less they will be able to hear the Heaven's Chorus and will be instantly killed by the Arch Templar (this applies to allied units aswell). As the chorus comes to it's climatic end, all friendly units within the area of effect are healed for #. The Arch Templar is invulnerable to all attacks and spells throughout the chorus.
-dno what it would look like as such but just throw some special effects in there, maybe the reincarnation thing where the angel comes down and swings its sword.
-possibly make it so the Arch Templar can float through the sky at a slow speed whilst the spell is active.

currently trying to think of a 5> for the Samurai Bear cos then if you like all these ideas, you would be done :gg:

Last edited:
Level 5
lol been trying to come up with a 5> for the Samurai Bear and you just gave me idea doom sheep :grin:

Samurai Bear

5> Immortal Stone Skin
The Samurai Bear calls to the spirits of the Earth Element to protect him from harm, donning a sheet of stone and minerals over his body. The Stone Skin protects the Samurai Bear from harm whilst redirecting the damage to surrounding enemies. All physical damage taken by the Samurai Bear is reflected and spread out between all nearby enemies, spell damage taken is shared 50-50, the Samurai Bear suffering half the and the rest spread between nearby enemies. Lasts # seconds.

-if too weak make it so all spell damage reflected or whatever xD

Level 10
Phantom of Destiny

1> Shatter-tip arrow.
Shoots an arrow that has a tip ready to shatter, the arrow will fly through any solid object before it will be able to shatter in the next object hit, the first object hit by the arrow will recieve minor damage, if the second object hit is a tree it will launch the scrap metal in every direction dealing minor damage to units in a close proximity, if the second object is a unit it will spread the scrap metal inside the body causing hemorraging (damage over time) for an set amount of time.

3> Dark Motivasion(Passive)
Everytime the Phantom of Desteny shoots an arrow there is a chance that a dark force will posses her body and increasing attack speed and damage as well as movement speed for a short amount of time, but when the dark force leaves the body it will cause the phantom to take damage and have decreased movement speed for a short duration.

Hope you like them :cute:

Still working on it (not much left) but it's going pretty slow since i've got really much to do in school and i've had no motivation to do orbs :con:

Level 22
hm, i always thought the Tyrael model was alot better than the angel. anyways,
Purification
(channeling/AoE)
The Templar prays for Heaven's Gates to open up, unleashing bolts of holy light that heal allied units and damages enemy units.
Effects: basically most of the area is lit up with bolts of light, each beam shouldnt heal or damage that much, but theres supposed to be alot of them, so it would stack up after awhile.
Extra: Maybe if an enemy unit is under purifcation long enough, the unit will be temporarily given over to the Templars control before being killed.
Staying in the beams would give positive buffs to friendly units, maybe like increased armor and attack, while enemy units have decreased armor and attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.