• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell IDEAS for Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi, I'm not a big Blood Elf and Draenei spell fan and I have no clue what spells to give some of these heroes. Any suggestions please? (At least some 5 spells for each hero) Something doable in GUI or something in-game already.

Lor'themar Theron: Arcane Ranger
Lady Liadrin: Blood Knight

Prophet Velen: Clairvoyant
Exarch Yrel: Grand Vindicator

Level 39
Gonna need more details on the map if you want to get any reasonable suggestions. What spells are appropriate is highly dependent on how the map plays, what systems are in place, how many players, what the objectives are, etc..

Level 12
An altered melee map with a little bit more emphasis on the Heroes. Imagine all playable races in WoW having their own unique tech-trees imploded onto one single map with up to 24 players or so. Some of the spells Im gonna be using borrow elements from HotS and DotA 2. Basically just trying to mix and match altered melee with mobas with proper scaling and balancing of course.

Level 39
Okay then for your paranoia you get no suggestions.... All you can say is "it's an altered melee with hero focus also borrowing from MoBAs". Great, so in a melee map the 4 heroes play to the strengths/cover up the weaknesses of the race. Without that information a suggestion is totally in a vacuum. See this thread for an example of what I mean by the race informing the hero.

Level 12
What's up with the hostilities man? I just don't want race details out this early on as we haven't fully worked everything out and what we do have is subject to change. But nvm, I don't wanna be bashed on by elitists.

Level 39
I just don't want race details out this early on
I'm mad because you want suggestions but you don't want to give any information about what to suggest things based on, which is (in my opinion) ludicrous. Imagine you run an auto mechanic shop and I come up to you and say "Hey I want to make my car better, what should I do?" so you ask me "Sure, what kind of car do you have and how do you drive it?" Instead of me telling you anything I respond with something like "Oh, you know, it has four wheels, a couple of doors, a nice stereo system. It's a cool color! Usually I go places in it but sometimes I just like to sit in my car." Wow, what a non-answer that doesn't tell you (the mechanic) anything! You decide to probe for more information, asking "Okay then... what does it feel like it's missing? What do you want to improve?" and instead of giving you that information I just say "I don't want to give out details about my car because then you might know how cool it is and want to steal it!"

Would you be frustrated? What would you suggest I do to "make my car better"? Do you see why I said what I said?

What's up with the hostilities ... I don't wanna be bashed on by elitists.
Fucking lol. Me telling you you need to give details if you want any reasonable suggestions isn't being an elitist... it's me being a realist. If anything it's me attempting to help you learn how to give details that make it easy to brainstorm with you. Refer to my above analogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.