• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Hotkey question! +2 rep to all helpers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Greetings.
I have a talent tree where some of the talents grants abilities. There are exactly 15 talents which grants spells.

I'd like to have a system that changes the button position and the hotkeys of the spell chosen.
Is this possible if done locally perhaps?

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@Mr Bean
That would result in 15(spells) x 12(button position) x 15(spells hotkey) spells. Or 15 x 12 spells with un-optimized hotkeys (Q,W,E,R,T etc.)

I don't feel too excited about creating 2700 or 180 spells. I need a other way of doing this using code.

Level 19
Impossible. Best i can think of is make a passive ability with a completely transparent icon and make a system that adds X of these abilities. (if you add 2 of these abilities than 1 of the actual ability all with the co-ordinates 0,0 your ability will show up at 0,2)

Level 17
Impossible. Best i can think of is make a passive ability with a completely transparent icon and make a system that adds X of these abilities. (if you add 2 of these abilities than 1 of the actual ability all with the co-ordinates 0,0 your ability will show up at 0,2)

I was also thinking of this. Then you would have strange things showing up if you put your mouse over the "empty" spaces, but it's probably the best solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.